Swedish army trangia (stove)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
top tip Dan... try to judge & use only the correct amount of fuel needed for the job in hand, this will come with use, let the burner burn dry before packing away & don't store fuel in the burner

Here is a couple of things you can experiment with at home before you venture out

{1} Heinz squeeze & stir soups are perfect back pack food, for this wee stove

compact light & very little take home litter, & just one cup to wash. For a more satisfying meal use as a pasta sauce...
At Home measure & pre pack a little quick cook pasta, some textured vegetable protein (dried soya mince) a few spices of your choice, into a zip lock bag.

Back pack m-44 Garlic & mushroom Pasta in a Kuk

Kuksa pasta :~ Boil some water in the big pot add the pasta, textured vegatable protien and spices. In the little pot while pasta cooks, place the unopened mushroom squeeze & stir soup/sauce still in the packet into 2 cups water to heat the sauce, once pasta is cooked, the water in the wee pot should be pretty hot by now, with only a little water from the wee pot, mix the pre heated soup/sauce in a Kuksa {cup} to make a thick sauce drain pasta & add to the sauce. Use the rest of the water from the little pot to make some olive drab tea...

other flavours are available but I think the mushroom one is especially tasty with pasta, and again just the kuksa to wash.

{2}Golden Wonder Normous noodles. or super noodles,

A man sized lunch & a kuk of olive drab Tea, after a walk in the woods.

{3} M/44 chunky pasta & chirizo soup..

A few carefully chosen ingredients, potatoes courgettes spring onion peppers tomatoes sugar snap peas (any veggies really) chopped small, a chicken stock cube salt pepper dried minced garlic, boil for about 15-20 minutes then add pasta & sliced chirizo boil till pasta is cooked.

While it's cooking you can make a brew of olive drab tea (A.K.A. Green tea) in the small pot on top..... I love this wee stove.

Voila....... The versatile army M~44's large pot easily holds 3 descent sized portions for you & 2 hungry mates

The tatonka simmer ring fits the m/40 ~ m/44 military burner

& packs over the burner lid...

http://www.tatonka.com/Products/Cookwear/stoves/Flame-Adjuster/4128

makes this mess kit even more versatile

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Been using the ali one for 10+ years over fires, in fires, on the military burner, trangia burner, gas stove , electric ring gas cooker. You wont go wrong with this and I think its more versatile than the trangia 25/27 cookers.
Just comes down to what you like. I like the fact that I can use it on the meths burner first thing in the morning for a brew and don't have to get out my doss bag to light a fire.
Then once I'm awake I can stoke the fire and fry my breakfast in the small pot while boiling porrige or water for another brew.
it will serve you well and as others have said check out youtube for extra info on how they can be used. there is an american guy who cooks everything in his - fancy a pizza?

Cheers

JFW

How so, I've used 25 and 27 pans on open fires.

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
i have gone ahead and bought the ali version from military mart then went out and bought some bio meths,(well my mother did, im only 14) and had a go at boiling water. i didnt time it but it took about 4-5 minutes to boil about 250ml of water in the "pan".
needless to say i am pleased with my purchase and thank you to all the people who helped me decide.

Dan :)

You will not regret it Dan. I love mine and use it a lot.
I even use mine at home to make a brew if I'm out working in the shed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE