Swedish Army Shovel

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
If its the one I'm thinking of then its a heavy beast. I haven't seen one available in the uk.

You proabably be better off going for one of the light weight shovels by Black Diamond, BCA or Ortovox.

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
John's Army surplus (73-75 Horley Road, Redhill, Tel 01737 761755) had a huge box of grade 1 Swiss army snow shovels about a year ago. I think they were aluminium and about £3 each. Not sure if they still have them in stock or if they do mail order.

Hope this helps.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Nah, they aren't particulary heavy. Good piece of kit!

Ooops, I shouldn't have said anything :eek:. Now 200 BCUK bushcrafters will start yelling for yet another swedish surplus group buy! :rolleyes: ;)

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I saw a Glock folding shovel once,their pistol are supposed to be good but ive no idea about their shovels.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Mal,

The problem with the folding shovel is it's too small, OK if your on your knees while digging but I'm six foot. I prefered the old army shovel with the longer handle, the swedish one looks nice, a good length but I think it's meant for moving snow not dirt. The head looks larger than the folding shovel so would be a lot better at moving snow. I would quite like one to carry in my car in the winter instead of my folding one, so am quite interested to see if anyone can find them.

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE