Swedish army cotton shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
*** NOW SOLD THANKS ***

Swedish army olive shirt
Label in collar say 41, I'm saying it's a 42" chest
Surplus item but in excellent condition

As worn by Uncle Ray in most of the Bushcraft series

£SOLD

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I got the size from my old email when I bought it, it was sold as a 42-44"

I never noticed at the time but the label in the collar clearly says 41 as I look at it now, I'm guessing that's 41" chest, but trying it on it feels a bit bigger than that.

Label says 41 I'm saying 42" :)

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Can anyone tell me where can I buy one of these ? I really like it.
I found one on amazon.uk everyone complains about size should I get one size bigger ? (I don't like slim fit , loose fit but not too big is great)

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Militarymart does them. Should be easy enough to find in other places too. Search for m59 shirt.

I can't find it on military mart , I googled for m59 but I think it is different when I looked closer they don't have the deep cut on both sides , they don't have any cuts

pysen78

Forager
Oct 10, 2013
Stockholm
I'm no expert, but since they were around for a long time, the design may have varied a bit. I can't check, since I don't own any at the moment, but I think the ones I've owned were both with and without, but cant be sure.
Anyways, this one was the one I spotted on militarymart:
http://www.militarymart.co.uk/swedish-army-m59-grandad-shirt-bushcraft-vintage.html

They are quite often found in swedish stores that sell surplus. Larger sizes are getting a bit scarce nowadays. There are new repros that are said to be swedish made and up to spec, but I can't vouch for that.
If someone sells new unissued X-large, I think it's going to be repros.
Best is to look for the three crowns label. This swedish store seem to sll the real deal, but not larger sizes.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Mine arrived , thank god I believed the comments that it comes small , I usually wear L , I bought XL and have the perfect fit.
Only one question , as I know genuine Swedish military surplus comes with 3 crowns on it , mine does not have , does this mean its a copy ? or it doesn't have because it is unissued ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE