Sweaty

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Not been on of late; too busy in Scotland.

and I am sweaty.

Seldom hot as such, but very often I break out into a sudden, very wet sweat.

This never happened at home.

what is going on?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not been on of late; too busy in Scotland.

and I am sweaty.

Seldom hot as such, but very often I break out into a sudden, very wet sweat.

This never happened at home.

what is going on?

Are you actually physically working in Scotland?

Also what age are you Tengu?

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sounds like you might be starting the menopause .
That is if the weather is cooler than here down south.
I'm working in my garden most days, early morning and later on in the evening, and I'm leaking several gallons a day I reckon!
Try some evening primrose oil capsules. It might help a bit if it isn't just the heat.
Do you get all red and look flushed?
Very sudden heatwave where you realy just want to take whatever you are wearing off?
Keep some cold wet cloths in one of those insulated lunch bags that you can carry with you. spray bottle with cold water in, and spritz yourself down when you feel too hot.
It may just be the weather so don't worry too much.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Maybe it's the humidity. It's always damp, and since it's hot just now, you're not evaporating sweat the way you are used to doing.

It's nearly half past nine at night, and it's still just shy of 22˚C outside here just now.
It's also 65% humidity after a scorcher of a day......and you're working right beside a loch.

The loch sits at around 4˚C, it's a lovely place to cool off :) Nothing in it to hurt you, just wear something on your feet for the stones near the shore.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Sudden excessive sweating that doesn't have an immediately obvious cause (like lots of exercise), that isn't something you've had investigated previously and is new, would be worth a trip to get a check-up. It could be nothing, but worth playing it safe.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Scotland in the summer for me could be hot, but if the sun went in, or it was windy, could be very cold.

Im working at the moment, new to me, a 40 hour week of stimulating things.

I am very happy apart from the fact that though the Crannog centre want me to stay, they have no job for me.

I feel fine but I am drinking lots...normal if I overheat. (and I am vulnerable to the heat).

I am outdoors most of the time but have ready access to shelter and fire. (and it can turn cold/wet of a sudden).

Sometimes I have to wrap up!

Im 49.

I am not vexed by midges/ticks/men in kilts....much.

This whole situation is novel to me but I am fitting in fine and am in a supportive environment.

Reactions: Madriverrob

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I get quickly sweaty when working in the garden, usually when I stop weirdly enough. It has a lot of trees and shrugs so I'm guessing humidity locally is high.

Tonight I found myself having a sweaty spell. It was just starting to cool I think, cloudy and I reckon humidity jumped a bit.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
My advice is Iif you're worried or bothered about something enough to post on a forum, then just go see a gp. Use them. You pay your taxes to have access to medical expertise, so just go for it.

I would like to agree - but I've found having inexpensive private bloodwork for myself revealed so much more than having to jump through the various hoops I have had to for the NHS with extra long waiting time.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Maybe so but the GP does not want to see every cough or sniffle.

Or tick.

(I took it off with a propriety vets de ticker, and taped it to a card with date and location, just in case I get a bullseye.)

(no bullseye so far)

I am just fine, I suspect it is just a reaction to the humidity.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Don’t rely on the rash (Erythema migrans) as indication of being bitten by a Lyme infected tick, not everyone develops the rash from an infected tick bite!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tengu, I know I suggested that it might be humidity and Summer temperatures, and that you don't want to hassle trying to get to see a Doctor, but look up "NHS, perimenopause ". You're the right kind of age for that. It's just part of life, but there are things that can help with unpleasant effects if necessary.

M

Reactions: swyn

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
As I’m now in the ‘older’ age bracket I have quite a few lady friends who have now gone through menopause. This is simply part of life but please seek advice, which will help IMO.
S

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE