Swanndri Mosgiel Xtreme Questions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 20, 2004
Lincolnshire
Does it come with a hood, like the normal Mosgiel only the picture doesn't show one, and I can't find any info about it ?

What would be the best size for a 46inch chested 6'2" person, with layers to go underneath.

And it being wool, I've read means it's not so good against the wind when in open spaces, does the new hydrotex layer solve this?

Would it fair well in the Scottish Highlands?

Thanks for any help. And sorry if any of the questions are asked too often.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Benjamin,

I looked at these the other day at my local outfiters in Whitianga.
They do not have a hood unlike the classic Mosgiel shirt.

I'm not sure what the additional membrane liner is supposed to do. I have worn a Swandri pretty much all winter on a building site with Mountains on one side and an estuary on the other and It has shrugged off wind and rain and kept me warm and toasty. They are pretty longlasting also. I bought Mine from a charity shop and I'm guessing it must be over 20 years old but still has plenty of life left in it.

Size wise, I have the Rover jacket and it's a 3xos ( I'm 6'3" 48" chest and it's plenty big enough) I can get a Poly Pro Thermal under it and My Swazi Fleece Bush shirt if its really cold.

All The Kiwi's I've seen in the Bush Seem to have a Swandri or a derivative.

Hope this helps

John

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Benjamin pm to follow.

The swanni Mosgiel Xtreme doesnt have a hood. Its lining is a hydrotex lining which is waterproof and windproof and as such makes the garments toastie warm and a lot lighter and thinner than the classic bushshirt. The general idea around the mosgeil (having a full length zip front) is that its a jacket and it is ideal worn over the top of a standard ranger shirt.

Hope that helps.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Think I'll wait until they do an extreme with a hood, I like hoods.

I know, that's a random comment but it's really late and I'm dead tired and I still have 5 hours of my shift left...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE