Swanndri Bushshirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
So I've actually only recently discovered these exist after watching RM's Extreme Survival in New Zealand. Slightly behind the the times :rolleyes:

I always go for a large as I don't like things that fit perfectly (except baselayers) but I hear the Swanndri has a rather loose fit anyway. Im 37-38 around the chest and and 23-24 from pit the wrist. I think that comes out as a medium, although a large mihgt actually work. So yeah, anyone got one going for a fair price?

Cheers

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Have you seen the ones twodogs is making? Worth a look I'd think.

I have a bush shirt and love the thing, sizing can be tricky though. I am 5' 11" with a 42” chest and find that the
Swanndri Bushshirt - xl fits me best.

cBZ8d5c8iMNWbeFxzNOY07lAw5n5dVdod16RrqTDgqVI=w412-h548-no

I usually wear a Bison Guide shirt or wooly jumper beneath it.

If you find that it is a bit loose around the waist you can cinch it in with a belt if needed.

swannie.jpg

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I've got the ranger in medium and it practically hangs off me, I think even a small would be a bit large for me to be honest. They are quite long too, I tuck mine in or it looks like I've got a dress on! Great nit of kit though, you definitely don't need to oversize :D.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've got a Made in NZ XL, to fit 106cm/42". It's quite a bright colour, but if it's what you want I'm happy to part with it.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Matt, I have the same one as Sandbender if you want to have a look first but I will say the Twodogs ones are better. They have pockets inside and out and can be tailored to fit. I know your tall and slight built frame so a Twodogs one may suit you better.

If its the style that sandbender showed pics of I would seriously consider speaking to two dogs about one of his mate.
Thicker material better pocket set up (in my humble opinion) and damn robust.
I've slept in my twodogs with nowt else sleeping kit wise bar a wooly hat and been plenty warm enough.
And I was good to go the moment I sat up too :)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I've slept in my twodogs with nowt else sleeping kit wise bar a wooly hat and been plenty warm enough..."

It was that recommendation, that I could comfortably sleep in a Swanndri bushshirt, that pushed me into buying one. And I can do so, however it may be that the original ones from NZ were thicker and warmer?

If that is the case then one from twodogs would be the way to go. I don't like to have pockets on the thing as any items within will dig into me when I'm sleeping but I have in the past thought that a couple of hand warmer pockets would be nice.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I brought a ranger shirt of mr mears site in a large I have a 41 chest and brought a large it's perfect form me with enough room to wear a t shirt underneath and I could wear a thermal top as well but it would have to be -40 because these shirts keep you really warm

tylerjwhite

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2013
USA
I brought a ranger shirt of mr mears site in a large I have a 41 chest and brought a large it's perfect form me with enough room to wear a t shirt underneath and I could wear a thermal top as well but it would have to be -40 because these shirts keep you really warm

Awesome!

Who can give me a good deal on one to the US? I need one to teach Bushcraft here in the US. I need gear that won't melt every time I make a bow drill fire and get a couple of sparks on me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE