swani needs altering?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spade13

Oct 12, 2005
manchester
hay guys ive got a swani bush shirt (coat) thats too big now, like 10" too big in the chest :eek: do you think that its possible to have it alterd by a taylor? im unsure if they work with wool?

cheers guys

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
hay guys ive got a swani bush shirt (coat) thats too big now, like 10" too big in the chest :eek: do you think that its possible to have it alterd by a taylor? im unsure if they work with wool?

cheers guys

im sure a good tailor will sort it as you can get pure wool suits,failing that put more weight'on or where more clothes :D :D :D :D soz

spade13

Oct 12, 2005
manchester
im sure a good tailor will sort it as you can get pure wool suits,failing that put more weight'on or where more clothes :D :D :D :D soz

haha thats a good idea what with it being christmas and all! but i think ill take it to a taylors first so as not to encure the rath of swmbo!! dont want to be straped to a tread mill for WEEK!!!! :yuck:

failing a normal taylor the pm will be flying to all the dabb hands on here i think! haha :lmao:

cheers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

cheers guys

10" spade ?? that`s what I call a good diet, have you not been eating ??

I would of thought any competent tailor would be able to take it in for you without a problem, they`ll probably unpick the side seams and take it in under the arms for you.

Rich

spade13

Oct 12, 2005
manchester
wow thats a cool jacket!! humm got me thinking now!! haha

one short trem solution im useing is to have two rows of three buttons down the sides that can be used to pull the jacket in on both sides kind of works so if i can refine it ill stick with the coat as is but if it all failes:( then its off to the taylors i think!;)

any idea howmuch you can shrink them in say a hot or boil wash? might improve its windproofing? or is that just crazy talk!! haha:puppy_dog

cheers guys

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I would go for the shrinking method as the chances of every part of the coat shrinking the same amount are pretty slim, you`ll probably end up with short sleeves and twisted seams all over the place.

Rich

spade13

Oct 12, 2005
manchester
I would go for the shrinking method as the chances of every part of the coat shrinking the same amount are pretty slim, you`ll probably end up with short sleeves and twisted seams all over the place.

Rich

good point! wouldnt want to ruin it after all this haha

not realy a grait diet my chest size is 113cm so im suppost to wear an xl according to swanni but its huge, still looking for a good taylor in the manchester oldham area, just need to find one that i think will do a good job, anyone around here with recomendations is welcom to chip in.

cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE