SW Lake District hiking trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
......... Bummer about the Terrocs, are you going to chase Inov8 up about it? .....

Yes I will, under 12 months old and lowish mileage. They shouldn't have seperated all round like that I don't think. Maybe the soles have failed in one place, letting water in and with nowhere to go with the membrane, has weakened the glue.

In a worse state than any of my cheapo Karrimors for the same use period, nuff said I 'spose.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
:lmao: I had a couple of ice cold beers waiting for you both as well.

:lmao:That's a real shame Dave, the Swedish womens volleyball team we were hiking with (obviously not in the pics for legal reasons) love a cold beer by a lake.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yes I will, under 12 months old and lowish mileage. They shouldn't have seperated all round like that I don't think. Maybe the soles have failed in one place, letting water in and with nowhere to go with the membrane, has weakened the glue.

In a worse state than any of my cheapo Karrimors for the same use period, nuff said I 'spose.

I've heard GTX liners in soft shoes don't last too long mate, too much stress and strain on the bonding or something like that. Not so much of an issue in a full boot.

Do the wet feet thing, you know it makes sense :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Serious trip envy!

Some nice kit and lots of excellent scenery :D

Cheers Phil

Great trip report lads. Very envious.

Excellent write up and some great pics there. Very envious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers lads, it was a good trip, a bit soggy sometimes

Brilliant trip! :)

Cheers Cam, looks like you had a good one yourself too :)

That looks a good trip :)

Just trying to get my sparrow legs tuned in John :)

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Kit list will be added later

Really interesting report and pictures.

Some of the kit was susprising this time. The new GG Airbeam sleeper wide mat was far more comfy than I'd even hoped for and close to perfection for a lightweight but comfy airmat. Dissapointed that the Inov8 345's lost their soles, I can't have done anymore than 200 miles in them. The monk clone tarp did really well against those winds at Seathwaite, far more confidence in that microtarp centre pole setup in bad weather now. Doors are definitely going on it though.

What is the weight on the monk clone tarp?

Shame about the Inov8's they had made it onto my potential list for a replacement for my Hedgehogs when they finally give up. Do let us know how you get on with the customer service.

Complete separation sounds more like a production issue than a wear issue. How have they faired otherwise?

Julia

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
225g with the stuff sack, http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116733
I prefer my other bivi tarp though-it packs down much smaller, is breathable, weighs the same and doesn't make any noise in the wind, http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116733

They have faired very well otherwise, the soles are superb for grip and cushioning and they fit my wide feet. They really got the breathablity right with them too, my feet stay drier in these than almost any other trainer I own, including mesh jobs. Shame they fell apart. I think it's a construction issue too. I understand the membrane has a really hard job and it won't last forever, but a reasonable length of service is expected.
I'm hoping to move onto Walsh Extremes next, need to get over to Loughborough to try a pair on. My addidas fell runners have been great, loads of spring and exceptional in mud but they don't scramble well.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Loved that report boys!!! Looks like a top trip out!!! Come on let's see the gram weenie Gucci kit list!! Oh and yours Pete lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like a cracking trip :) and a good report :)

Thanks Dunx

Really interesting report and pictures.

Julia

Thanks Julia

Loved that report boys!!! Looks like a top trip out!!! Come on let's see the gram weenie Gucci kit list!! Oh and yours Pete lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kit list should be done tomorrow Steve, it's not too different to the last one I did, less clothes and more food this time though.

Looks like another good trip :)

Which shelter are you planning on taking on the CWT?

I still can't decide mate, I need more nights in the DM yet I think. I like the space in the TS to spread kit out or have guests if it's crappy weather, I like the easier site selection with the DM.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
I still can't decide mate, I need more nights in the DM yet I think. I like the space in the TS to spread kit out or have guests if it's crappy weather, I like the easier site selection with the DM.

Both good aren't they :) How much longer do you have to wait for your TS inner to arrive?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Both good aren't they :) How much longer do you have to wait for your TS inner to arrive?

Ooh, I'd forgotten about that :) Not sure, I need to check with Andy to see if he's heard anything, I think the order went in a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT:

PS, great job on the vid mate, looking forward to the next installment

I tried to comment on your blog but it wouldn't have it, I'll try again later though

Last edited:

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Ooh, I'd forgotten about that :) Not sure, I need to check with Andy to see if he's heard anything, I think the order went in a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT:

PS, great job on the vid mate, looking forward to the next installment

I tried to comment on your blog but it wouldn't have it, I'll try again later though

:lmao:Forgotten! Surely a sign you have too much kit ;)

Thanks re the vid, I've just put a link to it up on here as I thought a few might be interested. No idea why the comment bit isn't working but thank you anyway!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE