Svord peasant knives - let's see them!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Cheap, sharp and pretty damn awesome. Svord peasant knives are fine tools that can be had for very little money and are also very easy to modify to your own liking. something I'm sure alot of us do.

So, this thread is dedicated to them! Post your peasnat collection right here for all to see and admire. :)

I'll start..

Plain blade with walnut handles,

Spear point blade with rounded pink handles,

And after last night my pink one has been transformed again, comfy finger choil and ergo handle makes it pretty nice in the hand. Next to a brand new ornage one, left unmodded for now, but soon I'll have at it! ;)

Now let's see yours! :D

Thansk for looking

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
2006_01010003.jpg2006_01010002.jpg2006_01010001.jpg

As you can see it's a user! Now sub 3", oak scales with red liners and a copper pin, sheath with red stitching to match the liners and the lanyard.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Here's My Modded Svord Peasant...

Simple little mod, insert an Infill, and reshape the handle.. much better :)

DSC_0042.jpgDSC_0043.jpg

Did mine the other way and replaced the blade leaving the Sales factory :lmao:
Dsc_5060.jpg

Then replaced the handles anyway with G10

DFF3.jpg

DFF5.jpg

DFF2.jpg

DFF4.jpg

DFF1.jpg

DFF6.jpg

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Some nice, practical modifications there. Im going to have to get one now I reckon and put my own stamp on it. I have always over looked friction folders and in particular the svord peasant because they look a bit too bulky as an EDC compared to a similar blade size slip joint.

The finger choil mod of the pink one would definately be going on.

What is the overall size difference between the standard and the mini version?

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Here's my mini. Now with integral bottle opener

2014-01-02 12.44.25.jpg2014-01-02 12.44.33.jpg

Copperhead posted a nice photo illustrating the difference between the mini and standard in this thread

Last edited:

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Nothing very special about my Peasant. Just rounded the scales off and applied a few coats of tung oil, then put a wicked edge on it ;). The mini is swmbo's.

021.jpg

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Aye, the Svord blades are getting increasingly uneven and different from piece to piece. My new orange one will need a bit of work to make the bevels and grinds even, but not sure what else I'll do with it just yet.

I might spear the blade a little bit, but not as much as my pinky, and do a more subtle choil mod I cba!

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
FGYT said:
be careful a lot of em have just over 3" cutting edge from a S139 legal point of view easy enough to MOD but check every one first
Ah ... good point. Around here police never use the knife legislation as we have a zero tolerance on knives being carried. Here they ALWAYS use the offensive weapons legislation where the onus is on you to provide a reason for carrying a blade be it sub 3" or not....

Ed

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Right, so I spent a little time shrinking the new orange ones blade. It still needs polishing and some tidying up but it's looking good. Got some yew for scales too so with any luck I'll make a new handle with a different, instead of the banana style they come with! With this one I fancy making it into a mini. Small thick blade, yew and brass. Should look nice! :D

You really notice how uneven the depth of the grinds are once you start trying to even them out.. took quite a bit of concentration as one side was litterally hollow and one side has a semi scandi with a tall secondary! gah.. damn svord employees need a back hand and a no booze at work policy! lol

Anyway, so here's what it looks like now.

More tomorrow if I have time, infact if I have time it'll be finished tomorrow! ;)

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I made a hash of the first one which was a shame as it was nice wood...

92989_zps8048f1db.jpg

This is the one I use now. Its a Peasant Mini made from a floorboard...

14696_zps13b44838.jpg

I put a radical edge on it to see what the steel could take...

66529_zps0406c07e.jpg

It slices like a chefs knife but was rolling a bit near the tip so I put a slight micro bevel on it. Ya can shave with this baby or make nice fire sticks and it holds its edge well. :D

94834_zpsdf651cb6.jpg

36978_zpsdbc4c638.jpg

These things are hard to beat for the price. I'm really liking the steel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE