Svord peasant and the kiwi general outdoor knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I usually cut my kiwis with a small Victorinox kitchen knife in two halves, as the red handle contrasts very nice with the green inner, and eat them with an of course in Solingen made stainless steel spoon afterwards.

I really can recommend the method indoors or outdoors as well.

Reactions: TLM

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Thanks will look at the review, like a big handle on a knife finally got rid of my fallkniven S1 because the handle was just too short without gloves and given this, for free from a friend.

Last edited:

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
I have the Svord Peasant. It’s a nice folding knife with a very sharp blade. I made a leather neck sheath for it but it’s quite light and compact in the pocket. Reminded me to dig it out and give it some use.

Attachments

• 2EB89837-7647-4908-AE86-958A663A2BE3.jpeg
    2EB89837-7647-4908-AE86-958A663A2BE3.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 12

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I've a Svord Peasant Mini, can't get on with it, same as any other friction folder i've owned over the years, get this thing in my head about giving it another shot and then fairly quickly realise why i don't use friction folders.

Reactions: Nice65
I usually cut my kiwis with a small Victorinox kitchen knife in two halves, as the red handle contrasts very nice with the green inner, and eat them with an of course in Solingen made stainless steel spoon afterwards.

I really can recommend the method indoors or outdoors as well.
all species of kiwi birds are protected and you're not allowed to cut them to pieces or eat them, no matter how hungry you are...

i've seen kiwis on several occasions in the wild on Stewart Island -- they were very shy and none of them was wielding any cutting tools...

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I didn't know that they are birds. I have to have a closer look at them. I thought they would be some kind of Chinese gooseberries.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I like the kiwi General Outdoors - thin, light, easy to sharpen, good ergs

Their whittler is good too.

And though flightless, kiwis are noted for their green, unusually shaped, slightly hairy eggs.

Last edited:
I didn't know that they are birds. I have to have a closer look at them. I thought they would be some kind of Chinese gooseberries.
kiwi birds are flightless and native to New Zealand -- they lay the largest eggs of all birds in comparison to body size. the fruit comes from eastern Asia and was introduced to New Zealand in the early 20th century (and named after the bird for marketing reasons iirc)
sorry for going off topic...

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
kiwi birds are flightless and native to New Zealand -- they lay the largest eggs of all birds in comparison to body size. the fruit comes from eastern Asia and was introduced to New Zealand in the early 20th century (and named after the bird for marketing reasons iirc)
sorry for going off topic...

On the egg front, I understand that a kiwi laying its egg is equivalent to a human giving birth to a four-year old child. Now that really is something to make your eyes water...

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
I reckon the Svord Mini Peasant might be just about the perfect pocket knife.

A very traditional design, simple construction. Excellent steel. Easy to clean and maintain, one handed opening, UK and sheeple friendly, sparks from flint etc etc ....and outstanding price!

If I could have just one pocket knife, I genuinely think I may choose it.

Sent from my Armor X7 using Tapatalk

On the egg front, I understand that a kiwi laying its egg is equivalent to a human giving birth to a four-year old child. Now that really is something to make your eyes water...
it's about 20% of their body size...
been to New Zealand 3times but strangely don't recall seeing "svord" knives anywhere for sale... "kiwi bushman" Josh James seems rather fond of his "von tempsky bowie" (as he used it in "dual survival " and "kings of the wild") which are the same steel as the knives mentioned in this thread...

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
I have a number of the peasant knives, love them although you'll find they are like marmite in that people either love them or hate them. They're a bit like the opinel, simple and lovely and sharp but without the polish that the opinel has that said the plastic ones don't suffer the swelling in the damp that I always had with the opinels.
I think they're cheap enough that you can give them a go and if not right for you they'll sell easily.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE