SVEA 5 Primus stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi All

Just a quick question, bought one of these stoves from a car boot for a £5, was missing the silent burner inner and outer ring, I ordered these off the internet. I have lit the stove but the stove does do burn correctly, it does not burn blue from the burner ring, it just seems do burn from just above the jet. I have primed the stove with meths let it heat up etc. any ideas? I going to buy a new seal kit, but the question is do I need a new jet? I cleaned out the jet with a thin wire from a brass brush. Any help most welcome.

Thanks

Rick

Sep 1, 2012
Manchester
You need to let the meths flames go right out before putting any pressure into the stove. Once the meths is gone, give it a couple of pumps and light the wisps of grayish vapour that come out of the many holes of the burner outer cap.

If you ever hear a rumbling, growling or other strange noise coming from the burner, you should vent all the pressure from the tank immediately. This is underburn, where combustion goes through the holes and inside the cap. The heat builds up in seconds and can easily melt your caps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE