suzuki jimny

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I towed the van through some quite serious mud last "summer" and was impressed. I drive a defender for work occasionally and I agree that the defender is a league apart from the rest. I would not take the ranger places where a defender would manage easily.

Z

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
One of them Jimny's parked up besides my Pajero today, it looked tiny by comparison, still it's not the size but what you do with it, and no Pajero jokes please I know what it means in Spanish :)

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Has anyone tried a suzi jimny?. The professional reviewers slag it of as the worst thing you could ever own. Owners think its the best thing since sliced bread.Bit like our current political parties, one says they are right the other says they got it wrong for years. I need a bomb proof motor.not interested in comfort or style. Must tow my little caravan better than my gutless berlingo.
Any views?

Mate had one. They not the best road vehicle in the world. I liked it, but I like defenders, so not a good judge. The big thing is they are a bit unstable. My mates was ended by a side on bash, he spent what seemed like hours on two wheels slowly sliding towards a bus stop. The car that hit he was not going fast, and he really thought it was going to end up on its side. They do have a rep for being easy to roll.

Have you tried on mud yet - I had one for work and it was useless. It got stuck even in low ratio and with AT where the old Defender it replaced sauntered up in in high ratio second.

Tyres worth a look. Seen a Defender struggle one week, and next with mud tyres no problems.

That said it was more comfortable, had a decent heat and you could hear the radio at more than 30mph.

:lmao:

You either get the best 4x4 in the world or no oil leaks etc. Defender air con - open flap. Defender heating - close flap.

That said have you seen some of the 90's people have tricked out. Would be scared to off road in them, they so nice inside.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
We had a Jimny where I was keepering when I left school
Plus 2 defenders
The suzuki would go over the top of the mud where the Landies would go through it and so often went further.
The big problem came when loaded though - it really struggled with a dozen bags of wheat in the back. wouldn't go anywhere near as far as the Ladnies then
So IMO get one if it's going to be empty off road but think carefylly if loading with any weight first

Mark

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
IMG_1388.jpg

That would be the road from the Pigeon Tower to the Ice Cream Run. More fun in the dark on a mountain bike under hoar-frost, though.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
I envy you, living where the Jimny is still for sale. The original Samauri got a lot of very bad publicity here in the U.S. over its supposed tendency to roll over while making a relatively tight turn. They were pulled off the market and that was it.

There was a time, not many years ago when there were quite a few sub-compact 4X4 vehicles. Some with hi-lo transfer cases. The only one left is the Suzuki Vitara. It is still a true off-road vehicle. Probably a better "balanced" vehicle than a Jimny, but I seriously doubt it has the same off road capabilites or the same "fun-factor."

My wife has a Jimny, It is slow, poor handling (on road) thirsty, not a lot of space for anything. But we both think it is an absolutely ace little truck. 4X4 abilities are fantastic (dont tell the wife as she doesnt know that I know) . On paper its sounds like a car to avoid at all costs in reality it is fun with a capitol F. However I dont think that it would cope with being much of a tow vehicle. Go for a bigger Suzuki vitara if you want to pull anything.

sapling

Sep 27, 2007
Glasgow
Its snow joke for the wee Jimny!
Had to laugh at some other big heavy 4x4 sliding around while the wee machine handled like it was on rails!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE