Sustrans wins 50 million lottery bid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
just a quick one to say that sustrans won the 50 million lottery bid, this will be spent on footways and cycle routes throughout the british isles, according to its bumf, it says that no one will be more than 10 miles away from one of its routes anywhere in the uk, a bold statement i feel, but i am sure it means the masses.

a big well done for everyone who voted.:You_Rock_

Adam.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Excellent news. I feel sorry for those plagued by thoughtless mountain bikers, but I for one will be pleased to see more cycle routes that my grand children can safely use without fear of being mown down by a car or lorry.

Eric

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
I've cycled to work along dual carriageways in London, but I'll be damned if I'm going to cycle to work along the country A road that now takes me to work. I've seen people who cycle it regularly but it's an accident waiting to happen because the speed differential is too great and the visibility ahead too poor.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Ray Mears and Brian Blessed will be gutted. Makes more sense that the money is invested in a national network that everyone can benefit from than just one location tucked out the day down in Kernow.

Eric your comment about mountain bikers is prejudiced and dissapointing if I want to go out on my five grand titanium I-drive mountain bike at the weekend, churn up the footpaths and run over joggers and dog walkers it is my right the countryside is there for me and no-one else anyhow lol :lmao:

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
it's a shame there had to be losers in this as all the causes were worthty, but sustrans is a great scheme that will benefit a lot of people.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE