Sussex Group meet in October

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Not gonna be able to make this one guys,hopefully will make the next one.In the process of making a underblanket from a sleeping bag so hope to be hanging in the new hammock next one.
Enjoy yourselves as I know you will,its definitely a nice area,as I was at the last meet held there.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Anyone else going for 6 months?

5ebddc51.jpg

It's not very well packed, admittedly and I haven't used the side pouches but there's not a lot of space left in the Bergen

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
What a great weekend! Met some wonderful kindred spirits with ages ranging from 6 to 60, made fire with a bow & carved a spoon. Highlight must have been the walnut bread... :)

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
My Sherpa isn't ready yet and I wouldn't call the blazing brilliance of 8 head-torches "in the dark"! :)

I did think I had too much stuff but seeing as one member had a metal barrel full of bricks I don't think I did too badly! Need to take an axe & saw next time...

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Just got back & unpacked, so am now sitting at the PC with a cold one, as I am tired but happy. We had a great meet, which worked out much better than I thought: more people turned up, doing more things & learning new skills.. so was a a really good weekend. Met some great new people, most of who are local, so I am definatly up for doing this again. It was great to see people trying the bow drill & getting fire started the old ways, with even the kids getting results. Turned out we had everything we needed, pretty much; the combination of my new grill, Dave's kettle & keith's griddle kept us all fed and watered all the time. The bread turned out better than expected for a first attempt in a Dutch Oven & was demolished by everyone in about 5 minutes, so was happy with that. The bill was all paid up & we had no complaints so everything turned out well. Great meet & hopefully the first of many for the BCUK Sussex Mob... ;)

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
i agree it was a fab time, just want to say thank you to everyone for welcomming me to the mob, can not wait for the next one, i am really glad to have finally met friend that have the same hobby and interest as I do, great bunch of people ;)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Superb weekend out with some superb people, nice to put some faces to names.

Really enjoyed it Gents, Lady and kiddly winks,:You_Rock_ learnt a few new things as well, already looking forward to the next one, thanks to Neumo for getting it all organised etc.

The Walnut bread was sublime:), i have a few pics that i'll post up later, best bit for me was people getting their first bow drill embers and despite some set backs and frustrations, not giving up on the skill set and acheiving their goal - makes it all worthwhile, im as pleased as punch that you all did it.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Worthing
Just wanted to say thanks to Neumo and everyone else who helped (especially those who helped drag my kit to and from my car)!

It was a great weekend and it was lovely to meet so many like minded and lovely people :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE