Sussex Bushcraft group meet for JUNE: 22nd to 24th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
What do we think on the leatherwork then? Postpone it until all the regulars are there or do it anyway? I don't really fancy carting all the gear over twice, and Iona is dropping me off on Friday so I'm limited for space this trip. Next time would suit me better tbh. I can bring a big section of Birch for carving instead (if it's not sun-dried in my porch).

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
What do we think on the leatherwork then? Postpone it until all the regulars are there or do it anyway? I don't really fancy carting all the gear over twice, and Iona is dropping me off on Friday so I'm limited for space this trip. Next time would suit me better tbh. I can bring a big section of Birch for carving instead (if it's not sun-dried in my porch).

sounds good to me I am hopefully down with you next time... :)

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
You've made my mind up Stew, that's sorted then! Leatherwork next time! It'll be cheaper with more people anyway as there will be more to divvy up the hide between that Spandit kindly purchased.

Pholland

Apr 26, 2012
Bognor Regis
Hi neumo, i am really sorry but im going to be able to come. Work has come up and i have to take it.
I am gutted that i can't come but definitely let me know of the next one and i will be there.
Apologies again,
Peter.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Am sitting by the pool in the house we rented in Majorca with the faint smell of BBQ wafting in the air, with a glass of decent Rioja red wine in my hand. Spent the day on the beach under my silnylon tarp reading Mor's classic Buschcraft book. Having a great time & hope to show upon Sunday morning, probably with a bright red face.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Hi neumo, i am really sorry but im going to be able to come. Work has come up and i have to take it.
I am gutted that i can't come but definitely let me know of the next one and i will be there.
Apologies again,
Peter.
I wouldn't worry about that. Took me three goes to make my first visit.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
You've made my mind up Stew, that's sorted then! Leatherwork next time! It'll be cheaper with more people anyway as there will be more to divvy up the hide between that Spandit kindly purchased.

Is a basic knife cuts and safety on the cards? I'm always interested in a new version of safety, and am only getting into the rhythm of getting out and about, so seldom get to do much knife work.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
1 Neumo
2 Kep
3 Simon H
4 Jackcbr
5 Hugo
6 Spandit + 1
7 Rico
8 Swallow + 2
9 Pholland+ 1
10 Wildbill probably with Hanna.
11 Peter_t
12 MandaPanda
13 Dark Horse Dave + at least 2 children
14 Hemdale (friday night + saturday night)

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Too much on to get down on Friday now, so I'll get there as soon as I can on Saturday morning (assuming the car is fixed!)

Noticed the list had gone wrong earlier: I think this is correct now:

1 Neumo
2 Kep
3 Simon H
4 Jackcbr
5 Hugo
6 Spandit + 1
7 Rico
8 Swallow + 2
9 Pholland+ 1
10 Wildbill probably with Hanna.
11 Peter_t
12 MandaPanda
13 Dark Horse Dave + 2
14 Hemdale (friday night + saturday night)
15 TimD +1

Last edited:

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Swallow we can do knife safety and cuts etc no problem. I've had a proper stressful week so anything sat in a chair relaxing is fine by me! Spandit I'll pack your press studs, Bill bring whatever knife I owe you a sheath for please and Hugo I'll bring the leather I owe you for the auger. I may not be there until lunchtime now as I'm waiting for my wages to clear to go and get the food and beer.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Wont be down as planned later today chaps:(, should be down tomorrow though:)

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Simon can't make it today now - is anyone able to get the 'chute from him as he's not far down the road. Would do it myself but can't come until tomorrow

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Yeah, sorry, circumstances beyond my control are keeping me away today but I will be there first thing. Anyone can pop round mine and get the chute if they want, or I'll bring it in the morning. Not sure how you'll get in contact unless anyone on site has an internet phone thing, but I'll keep an eye out for messages and pass on my mobile number if needed.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Will be with you lot late morning, just need to get a few things sorted out first before heading over

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE