Sussex Bushcraft group meet for February 2013: Weekend of 15th to 17th Feb 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Hey Tim

just jump in with both feet mate. These guys are a great group and don't be afraid to ask questions, there are no silly question, but you may get the odd silly answer ( mainly from me). There's a wide range of skills and interest from complete novices to bushcraft instructors. Just don't sit next to SimonH as he's a smoke monster. He could sit with a gale force wind behind him and the smoke from the fire would still be drawn to him.

you might be lucky and the excess firewood we gathered last time might still be there. We had a big group effort on the Saturday and had a monster load. Made the evening very comfortable.

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
IF you are going to bring a chair bring a bit of insulation to go under your ****/against your back - lots of the guys did this and I think it's a really simple but clever idea!!

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
1 spandit, if it's 16th/17th
2 Simon and maybe Iona
3 Hawkmaster (Sunday only)
4 Mark46w. 16th/17th
5 Neumo

I will be down for this one, after having to miss the last one. This works out well for me as I have stuff I want to do later in the month.​

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
2 Simon and maybe Iona
4 Mark46w. 16th/17th
5 Neumo
6 Swallow (tentative for Sat morning onwards and tentative for +2)

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Hi Nomad

I am Hawkmaster, I joined the forum in 2011, but due to work and other issues I have had to put Bushcraft on the back burner. I have been collecting kit e.g Falknivven F1, Gransfers forest axe, tarp, fiesteels and other bits of kit for time now, but I have not been able to use it yet. So I thought I had better get my act together and use some of my kit, you can only sit and look at it for so long.

As you have probably guessed I am a complete novice, but I am very keen to learn, I have had a Bushcraft day bought for me for my 40th but that is not untill May . None of my friends are interested in bushcraft so I am going it alone, I hope to join your merry band and meet new friends and learn in a friendly environment.

I went to the Wilderness Gathering in 2011, but I did not enjoy it as much as I hoped due to not knowing anybody and the weather was terrible.

Take care

Tim ( Hawkmaster )

More the merrier Tim. Bring all of your kit and everyone will help you out with their various areas of expertise. We are a diverse group with a variety of skills and interests and don't mind banging on about it to a boring degree!

But like Jack said don't sit next to me, you'll choke on the smoke that follows me around.

FedUpFrog

Jan 18, 2012
Newport, Gwent
2 Simon and maybe Iona
4 Mark46w. 16th/17th
5 Neumo
7 FedUpFrog (from Sat morning)

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
2 Simon and maybe Iona
4 Mark46w. 16th/17th
5 Neumo
8 Rich (from Sat morning)

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
2 Simon and maybe Iona
4 Mark46w. 16th/17th
5 Neumo
9 Peter_t

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I might just be able to make this one now, as the work i had planned looks like it's going to be postponed:(, so i might just take a drive over and join you all for the weekend.:)

2 Simon and maybe Iona
4 Mark46w. 16th/17th
5 Neumo
9 Peter_t
10 Mark (Kep) - Tentative

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE