Sussex BCUK Meet for MAY: Weekend of 18th/19th 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Ah man. Looks like there's plenty happening for this one and I can't make it. At least my sausages will be safe from the size 9 of doom :).

Im at a canoe training course on the Saturday but might swing by to say hi on the way home. Got to go out Saturday night for a friends birthday drinks. Tried to get her to rearrange it to the woods, but she wasn't up for it.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Yes, we are trying to do more now that the summer is here (if it has not been & gone already...). The stove thing should be a laugh & it will be interesting to see how many we bring.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Hoping to make this meet up If all goes well, hoping for dry weather mind.
Plan on doing some spoon carving, will bring some Sycamore for those who want to have a go.
I want to try out a few axes that I have been working on in the field also to see how they perform.

1 Sausage kicker
2 spandit (Friday night only)
3 Peter_t (hopefully won't be hung over this time)
4 FedUpFrog
5 Hugo--- as long as it is dry.

Last edited:

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Yes it has been posted up three times in the last two days, that is Barn Carder AKA Barn the spoon.
He organised SpoonFest with Robin wood, from what I hear he is a grand chap.
Look him up as he has posted plenty of videos on carving spoons.
Be good to see you at the next meet A.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Due to our canoe clubs open day being postponed I can now make this one..yay

Will arrive Friday pm

Stewart

1 Sausage kicker
2 spandit (Friday night only)
3 Peter_t (hopefully won't be hung over this time)
4 FedUpFrog
5 Hugo--- as long as it is dry.
6 Red Kite

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Hugo: it will be good to see you again, as it has been a while. Hope you are back on the mend & we will bring some biscuits for you.

We were talking about the professional spoon carver this afternoon, as it happens, while I was helping out with a 'Dangerous Day out for Men' event being run by Forest Knights. That involved deer prep, atlatal making, axe & knife throwing etc..

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks Neumo, be good to see all of you again, dangerous day out for men a, I'm a bit dangerous with a large felling axe, hand axe is no problem as I always try and give respect, just in case it bites.
Biscuits. can you carve them then. :lmao:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have just picked up a cool old brass stove yesterday, which is Favorit Sport Kocher. It's a lovely little stove & I shall be having a pay with I today after I get some Coleman Fuel for it. I will bring it along to the next meet.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
You will like this one. It is very pretty & comes in it's original tin. I brought some Coleman fuel for it today so will give it a go later.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Spandit, will you be bring your rubber axe along as it might cheer some of us up and give us a laugh.
There again it might now be sharp so forget what I posted in the line above. ;)

Elen Sentier

I've got it in my diary to come over for the 27/28 July meet. As I have a very long drive over from Hereford I'll be arriving after noon on the Friday and leaving mid-morning on the Sunday. Quite happy to pay for 3 days if I've got that right. Will put my name on the list later, after the June meet. Looking fwd to meeting you all :)

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Spandit, will you be bring your rubber axe along as it might cheer some of us up and give us a laugh.
There again it might now be sharp so forget what I posted in the line above. ;)

managed to cut myself with it so it's definitely sharp, just not well profiled for carving

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE