Sussex BCUK meet for MARCH: Weekend of 23rd/24th 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I had a good AGM and a catch up with the members as we planned out the new seasons agenda. Did not get back home till 6 so decided that after spending 36 hours at zero degree temps that sitting on my recliner with a large brandy in the warm was the way to go. I plan to be down in the morning to see you all again.

Last edited:

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I popped in for a cup of tea and it was bloody cold over there. Took the knife to show you Dave but just missed you. Spandit I'm ignoring you....

Last edited:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Simon, Getting dates mixed up is a sign of old age, join the club mate. :lmao:
Hope to see you guys when it's a bit warmer.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I popped back this morning to see how many had survived the night & all was well. It was one of the coldest meets we have had but we still had fun. It was nice to meet a few new faces that we will hopefully see again.

when paying the bill I was asked to remind people that you pay for each 24 hours you are on site, so if you turn up early then you need to pay for an extra day if you leave after the time you arrived. E.g. If you arrive at 12am on Friday but leave after 12am on Sunday then you need to pay for 3 days, even if you are there for only afew hours extra. Sorry but that is the site rules. They let us off this time but from now on if you turn up early you will have to pay for the extra 24 hour period that you are on site.

We also need to do a block booking for the very busy Summer months (May through to August) as the site gets busy. We need to pay a deposit of £15 for each meet, which means we need to set some dates for the summer meets soon. We can book all that up at the April meet.

Last edited:

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Well I finally got home after stopping off at the farm. Our first lambs of the season came a little too early. The smallest seems to be hanging in there, just, and is snuggled up under a heat lamp. Got to use my trolley again running hay out to the rest of the girls.

Good to catch up with people and to meet Red Kite. Not saying it was cold, but the stew that was still in my pot was frozen when I got home.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Just looked at the weather observations for close to where we were. Temp this morning just below freezing, but factor in the wind chill and it comes down to -10.

Was chatting with a few guys about doing a roast evening meal at one of the meets. Anybody else up for it? Not sure if I'll be able o Mae the next one, but just sowing the seeds.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Was chatting with a few guys about doing a roast evening meal at one of the meets.

Yes I will be up for that. We have done roast checken's in a Dutch Oven before,, with potatoes in another that works quite well

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
good chilled out friday night and slept suprisingly well. would have stayed for the seccond night if it was warmer but went to the pub instead haha. took the bike out for a hang over cure sunday which tuned into a 43 mile session accross the south downs! :D really paying for it today... thoughly worn out

hugo would be good to see you again, think we've all missed you from the meets!

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Have you guys got any dates sorted for the next three or four months yet, I would like to try to plan a vist to say Hello... no doubt a few of the suffolk mob may follow me down , lol

I know I keep saying this but, the dates always seem to fall on time I am doing stuf.. so trying to get it in the dairy early... lol

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE