Sussex BCUK meet for APRIL: 20th/21st 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Yeah will do Dave, not sure what pitch yet as there is some water logging and Iona is changing the one we had booked, but it will be along the same track as D8 and let you know later. I'm there from around 9am, and the start is 11am onwards, will bring the knife as well for you to have a look at. Be good to see you all!

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I will get there for 1 or 2, depending on how late I am out tonight. Will be good to have someone to help put the parachute up.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
The Eagle has landed. Met John on the way in and the Ranger car Park gate is LOCKED I have fond out, so is not open as previously stated. You can park in the ranger car park and walk in OR drive in from the main entrance, unload. & then drive back to the ranger car park. The fire is on, the chute is up & it is coming up for beer o 'clock so all is well. Jack is inbound & so far it is just Colin. & I.

Last edited:

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
A most agreeable meet and a bit more bushy than of late. Got the bow drill out and as a group effort of bows, blocks and string, got an ember. Also got an ember from my magnifying glass too.

Thanks to Dave and Colin for sorting pretty much everything.

and an extra thanks to Colin for the two man heater we had Saturday night.

We won't mention the phantom sausage kicker as some wounds are too deep to heal...:)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
That was one of the nicest meets we have had for a while, with good people & good weather. I enjoyed doing the Roast Chicken on a spit, with Colin's help, which turned out better than expected. We must do some more roasts & other types of communal meals at the next meets.

I have booked up the next 4 meets (May, June, July & August), as they are very busy this summer. I will put up the details later today but they are at sites down the hill from the middle toilet block (around the area B17 is in). The August one is on the Bank Holiday at the end of the month so will be a 4 day meet if you want it...

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have booked up the next 4 meets (May, June, July & August), as they are very busy this summer. I will put up the details later today but they are at sites down the hill from the middle toilet block (around the area B17 is in). The August one is on the Bank Holiday at the end of the month so will be a 4 day meet if you want it...

Hi Nemo,

What are the dates for them please mate, I would like to attend one, thank you

Stu

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
The dates are:

• May 18/19th on D9
  • June 29/30 on B17
  • July 27/28 on C3
  • August 24/25/26 on B17

There will be an official thread for each meet, where you can enter your names etc...The electric spit was waiting for me when I got back, so I will be playing with that later.

Last edited:

hellobayo

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2012
Redhill
Thanks Neumo, for sorting out the pitch and the chicken. Nice to have met you Colip/Philin/Crosslandkelly... esp for sorting out the skewer and veg.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
The dates are: May 18/19th on D9June 29/30 on B17July 27/28 on C3August 24/25/26 on B17There will be an official thread for each meet, where you can enter your names etc...The electric spit was waiting for me when I got back, so I will be playing with that later.

Thank you Nemo,

I am aiming for the August one :), can we stay on the 23rd and make it a very long weekend? :)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Yes as long as you pay for each 24 hour period (or part of) that you are on site. Let me know if you definatly want to do it & I will have a word with the Office

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE