Sussex BCUK meet for APRIL: 20th/21st 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leather Owl

Jan 7, 2013
Arundel, West Sussex
Just had a thought. So that your May meeting does not clash with my work commitments. Please can I suggest the weekend of 25th - 26th for the May meet. Know it is a bit early but if I do not suggest a date I know that it will fall on a weekend when I am tied up with work. Here's hoping!

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
We need to book up all the dates for the busy period over the Summer (May to August), which we will decide at the next meet. We will look at a calendar and pick some dates, taking in to account people's views. You can't please everyone, especially over the summer months, so we just pick some dates & publish them. We have to book each meet & reserve it with a deposit of £15 per meet, which I did last year. That way we are guaranteed a place.

We should look at some of the sites down the hill from the middle wash house for the busy summer months, as it looked nice down there. Maybe we would have a walk down & find some pitch names that we like; otherwise we will be back on the treeless N1 again....

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I will be down on Friday afternoon with the chute & grill etc...I am toying with doing a Roast chicken or something if there will only be a few of us

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have been wanting to get a roteisserie that i can use on a BBQ, Fire etc for a while so after a good look round I have bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221197659...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=221197659804&_rdc=1

i will knock up a a stand for the fire & brink it along for a pay next weekend. I have a couple of fishing bank sticks that may get adapted. So it will be flame grilled spit roast chicken if it arrives in time.... I went for the 41inch battery one with a rod that folds down in half which looked a little sturdier than some of the cheaper ones. It can turn 10Kg according to some adds I saw so has the potential to cook lots of cool food. Hope it turns up in time.

Last edited:

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
1 Neumo
2 Simon H
3 Swallow
4 Crosslandkelly
5 Peter_t

think im going to a house party on friday so i guess i wont be there till saturday afternoon

hellobayo

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2012
Redhill
Alright! Have a free pass this weekend, see you all on Saturday.

1 Neumo
2 Simon H
3 Swallow
4 Crosslandkelly
5 Peter_t
6 Hellobayo (Sat night)

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Car is off to see the doctor tomorrow, if that goes badly, I'll not make it. If it goes well be there late morning on Saturday.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I forgot this weekend is Ashdown Forage's launch, so I won't be camped with you lot this time but I will be at Broadstone on another pitch with Iona and crew. They will have classes teaching foraging, microscopy, game prep, wine making, sausage making and I'll be teaching some spoon carving etc for them so feel free to pop in and say hello.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Simon: Can you let us know when you will be down there from, what pitch you are on & when is. Good time to swing by. It would be good to catch up with you after missing you at the last meet. It is good to hear that Iona's school is busy; the manager John mentioned it last time I was paying the bill.

we are on D8 again& will be there from mid afternoon on Friday to the Sunday lunchtime, or thereabouts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE