SurvivorGentleman - A 5 minute survival spoof youtube video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
[Shameless plug warning]

Following a day's filming and some very dodgy editing by my fair hand, I've created with a friend the first (and probably only) episode of "SurvivorGentleman".

Feedback from the non-bushcraft community has been reasonable, so I thought I would share this shameless plug with you all for your enjoyment!

[video=youtube;yz8IE5TomRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz8IE5TomRs[/video]

Yes, we did get some rather strange looks on the beach whilst filming!

Tally ho!

Last edited by a moderator:

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
very enjoyable :)
more?

We have about 4.5 gigs of film from the original shoot (it's all done in high def on a digital camera) and had an original cut that was about 10 minutes long with totally different scenes in it.

If it's still popular, I can spend a few hours cutting that together into something nice as a "directors cut".

We'll probably look to do some more filming late this year/next year under the same pretence. One thought was taking my suit with me to the next "extreme" place (jungle/arctic etc) as it would be quite a laugh to try and film it out there!

Thanks for the great feedback all!

Nov 13, 2007
Dorset
One thought was taking my suit with me to the next "extreme" place (jungle/arctic etc) as it would be quite a laugh to try and film it out there!

As co-creator of SurvivorGentleman, I assert that the character "Percy" is my intellectual property. Any use of his image or name without my prior consent may result in legal action. :deal:

I own you, Bevan!

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
I could forgive the butler using the wrong knife for the cheese board, as he is an oik, but NO real gentleman would scoop his soup spoon towards him.......tut tut....Only ever scoop away from yourself, survival or not lol

A good sketch, and it must have been murder to deal with wind noise on an exposed location like that.

SAFETY WARNING. Hey kids, don't try using rocks or pebbles from the beach to surround your fire, as they may explode once heated! :)

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
SAFETY WARNING. Hey kids, don't try using rocks or pebbles from the beach to surround your fire, as they may explode once heated! :)

I have a ruined groundsheet that attests to that fact from the beach we were filming on actually. I knew it would happen, but it was freezing!

As for you "owning" me, I'll say it's a joint idea and leave it at that :)

Nov 13, 2007
Dorset
We both know who is Lennon and who is McCartney.

The 'plot' and 'script' were colaborative but the characters belong to me, the unfortunate quirk of this is that you look a lot like 'Percy'.

If, however, you were to call your character 'Pursee', part your hair the other way and wear a red bowtie there would be nothing I could do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE