Surviving Toothache

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I watched castaway when he knocked his tooth out with an ice skating blade. What DIY methods of relieving/ stopping toothache does any one know. Can you kill a tooth nerve without a dentist etc? One day we might be grateful that I posted this thread. The floor is yours....

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
i believe i read that chewing yarrow root and then leaving on the side pf the mouth where the issue was had merit.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Meadowsweet root.
It smells like germolene, it's a deep red colour.
A fingertip sized piece crushed and put against the tooth. Use it as a gargle, etc.,
It's a natural aspirin and anti inflammatory......and it grows alongside damp bits pretty much right across the country.

M

Reactions: Nice65 and TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Meadowsweet root.
It smells like germolene, it's a deep red colour.
A fingertip sized piece crushed and put against the tooth. Use it as a gargle, etc.,
It's a natural aspirin and anti inflammatory......and it grows alongside damp bits pretty much right across the country.

M
it maybe that what i'm thinking of?

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Hi ok i can throw a little light on this as my wife was a dental nurse , we have found a couple of great products over the years mainly due to my blackouts and knocking teeth out and just general not being fit to go to a dentist the wife does a repair to keep it going and get me out of pain .
I would put links to the products on amazon not sure thats allowed ,so here are the names of 2 great products
Prevest denpro CRYSTA glass ionmer "it takes a little getting use to working with but is the best for repairing a crack break or chipped tooth is it far better than the rubbish you get in the chemist that with one bite falls out or off .
Next
Prevest denpro COPAL F now this stuff is like a brush on rub on with a cotton bud varnish to seal sensitive teeth , now long story short our teeth suffer because of the huge amount of meds we have to take and well wear as well , dry your tooth or teeth with a little kitchen roll as it does not stick to the tooth get it as dry and possible then open the stuff dip in a cotton bud rub it on you might get a little zing from it as it goes on but in a minute i mean just a few seconds you will notice the pain easy and if it is sensitive in a few hours you will be eating hot and cold with out a care lol ,it is true we have been doing it for years and i mean on broken teeth smashed and just nervs showing she sealed them until i could get to a dentist 18 months later so as i say we love the stuff and keep 2 extras in stock at all time , great to easy a kids tooth ache to if it is a crack or break .

For nerv damage there is not mush you can do other than cover it and get to a dentist when you can .

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Well again i can highly recommend the Crstra ionmer my wife fixed a tooth that the dentist was sure he had done lol when last in but anyway it came off the other week and she has redone it for as little as me brushing teeth well then reinse wiht a antiseptic to make sure the cavity is clean then she mixed the stuff and we have a full set of probes so in she went and what a job looks better than a detnist job to be honest

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
A tooth is bloody hard to get out. In Ethiopia at the height of the initial Aids epidemic we would carry our own dental kit, needles and sutures etc to give to local medical staff but when I needed a tooth out while in a northern town called Jijiga I had to attempt my own extraction. Cord just slips off. I managed it by using electrical wire hitched onto something like paracord looped onto my foot. It took several goes but I eventually did it and cut my lip on the wire. Don’t recommend it!

Anyway I’m not in a position to trouble a dentist these days.

We also had a kind of first aid putty to put on broken teeth. I never used it and don’t know anyone who did.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Three weeks into the first complete lock down I broke a molar. The whole inner side came off.
No chance of getting to a Dentist, but I went onto eBay and I bought the stuff that @Disabled Preppers Missus recommended.
Prevest denpro CRYSTA glass ionmer

It works :) and lasted until I got to the Dentist.....with everyone suited up like they were going to the moon!

Reactions: Disabled Preppers

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
@Forest fella yup same stuff really but you have to work quick , but some of the so called over the count stuff in the uk toothpegs and alike are nothing more than rubbish putty you roll and then push in but never stays we have used them all over the years and since my wife retired from the dental game well she can still do littleb its for me and again get a couple of good probes i will ask her the names of them and you can fix most holes are crowns to a good standard and if you over fill just have some nail files you know the cheap cardboard ones you can make thin files to just rub the filling down and so on , like i have said my health fails a lot so some times laying in a dentist chait is a no go .

I would love to get me hands on some of the novaciane lol but not sure i trust the wife with the needle lol .

@Toddy the other stuff the liquid varnish type stuff is so worth having to, it is sealed well in a glass bottle so should last years but you can flatten the tip of a cotton bud dip it in and rub it on the gum line of sensitive teeth or on the tops of worn fillings or even in cracks it seals well just dry the tooth well first and no drinks for 30 mins but it really is a pain saver even on cracks

Reactions: Toddy

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
@Broch don't forget to keep the packing on the hole unti lthe blood stops and no sucking on the gum and watch for a dry socket they can be a killer , salt water mouth rinse from day 2 as i am a bleeder due to meds by day 7 i am allowed to have one rinse with a stron antiviral mouth wash , just go easy on it .
But yes i use to swear by southern comfort as a pain killer lol , trouble was it was a memory blocker to lol , waking up in a grave once well you knwo the stone above ground cripts lol yup i still never know to this day how the hell i got in and who slid the lid over but i do know it rained heavy that night but i was dry

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
I watched castaway when he knocked his tooth out with an ice skating blade. What DIY methods of relieving/ stopping toothache does any one know. Can you kill a tooth nerve without a dentist etc? One day we might be grateful that I posted this thread. The floor is yours....
The gel on the base off inside off cat tail stems numbs whatever u put it on like novacaine it's a very good natural anaesthetic but we shouldn't be in this situation in the first place. Don't eat chocolate, cake sweets ,fizzy drinks and junk ,it's really not that hard Raw Unheated honey and berries are good for our teeth bacteria and don't destroy our teeth.

just_john

Mar 22, 2012
South Wales
I had a snapped tooth go bad not so long ago, no dentists anywhere near me taking on. It was so mullered the thought of giving it a tug did go through .y mind. One quick Google and the recommendation is a massive no.

Went private in the end, after the absolute wrenching the dentist had to do to get it out, plus the bits of tooth still working their way out every so often, I'm bloody glad i never tried myself that for certain!

What are people supposed to do when the zombies come and you've got a snapped infected tooth? Probably die from blood poisoning i reckon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE