Survival tin... In it?

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Ok, survival tin needs restocking (no point in having it if you don't practice!)

I have present,
Puritabs, knife, candle, ibuprofen, imodium, antacid, fishing kit, sewing kit, pencil, paper, tindercard, whistle, compass, wire saw, snare wire. (super thick) condom,

Know I need,

Matches, button led, spark stick, plasters

Will reseal with tape and wrap with paracord.

Anything else? Not a lot of room but can shave down some bits (cut pencil down for example)

greenwood

Forager
Jan 2, 2012
Wild Wiltshire
Emergence thermal blanket? i have one on top on my tin and then para cord is wound around it over tin

Oh and i have a tea bag small tube of whitener and tube of sugar (for energy), just to keep up morale, and the tea bag can be used over and over if you know what i mean.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mmmm, a large enough diameter could be stretched round outside too

Yup... and in a survival situation do you really need a sewing kit?

Just keep a couple needles and increase the length of your fishing line if you feel the need to sew :)

Last edited:

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
you can cutt the innertube into rubber bands and wrap it arround the tin, also buy some mirror tape and put it on the inside part of the lid.
do you have some cordage?

Tarp

Jan 18, 2012
SE
take out the puritabs and put in a small bottle of iodine?

Duel purpose, sterilise water and wounds!

Also, im not sure what matches you have, but the UCO Stormproof Matches are some of the best i've come across.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Emergence thermal blanket? i have one on top on my tin and then para cord is wound around it over tin

Oh and i have a tea bag small tube of whitener and tube of sugar (for energy), just to keep up morale, and the tea bag can be used over and over if you know what i mean.

have mylar sheets, cant fit one in, but hadnt thought of binding to the outside. keep two plus a survival bag in my bug out bag

Just keep a couple needles and increase the length of your fishing line if you feel the need to sew :)

the sewing kit really takes no room and until i relocate some sutures, nylon thread is better than fishing line for any emergency wound closure (yes i can suture, though have never tried on myself, but if Sly can, i can ;) )

I have a catapult rubber band in mine.

nice idea, i will wrap round the outer

you can cutt the innertube into rubber bands and wrap it arround the tin, also buy some mirror tape and put it on the inside part of the lid.
do you have some cordage?

my intention with the inner tubes :) the inside of tin is shiney and will be more so once i get the brasso on it, paracord to be wrapped around outside

take out the puritabs and put in a small bottle of iodine?

Duel purpose, sterilise water and wounds!

Also, im not sure what matches you have, but the UCO Stormproof Matches are some of the best i've come across.

the puritabs take up virtually no room unlike a bottle of iodine, though i do have iodine in my fak in my bug out bag. i toy with the idea of stormproofs but a book of matches are so much smaller, wax dipped heads offer some waterproofing and the tin is tape sealed

im liking the ideas guys :) i think with the mylar, inner tubes, cat elastic and paracord, the tin has all i would want on the outside, still have a little room inside though :)

any more? :)

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
ANyone know where to buy 0.457 brass wire from at a reasonable price? I bought a 10 yard reel of 24 gauge brass wire which is supposed to be around 0.457, but I ca't imagine 4 strands would be neccesary for a rabbit as this stuff is as thick as can be, and dead strong. Confused!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland

But yes! A sewing kit is pretty important, nothing too large, just a few needles (different sizes) and perhaps a thimble.

There is nothing worse than not being able to sew the backside back onto your trousers if it gets ripped off. :)

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
For cordage, I carry some fly line backing in my kit. It's basically really skinny nylon string that has a breaking strain of around 40lbs. It doesn't take up much room and it's great for a variety of tasks (as well as being useful for it's intended purpose of fishing).

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Prepping is a lifestyle choice! Lol

My job involves all the vices, so have the full range of safety equipment

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE