Survival Metric's ''Escape & Evade Operator Survival Kit'' ?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, one of my mate's has asked me to find and buy him this kit ''Escape & Evade Operator Survival Kit'' ,but I can only find it in the U.S.
does anyone know if it will be allowed through our customs.
And does anybody own or used this kit.
CHEERS

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
seems there are several versions none seem to have anything illegal as far as I can tell, seems way over priced to me and you'll be stung if you inport too, you could knock up something way better, or if it must be pre made look at what esee offer

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Yeah all I was worried about was the Folding Razor knives,And yeah I agree that they do look abit pricey,I have offered to make him a large Survival kit,But he's been looking at all of the Reviews on youtube and other site's and he's made his mind up.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I've had a quick tot-up of the rough price's for the kit contained within this pack,and it does come out about right for what there selling at.
The Aurora ferro-rod sells for around £25 in this country,fire=£35,£12 for the Filter straw as an example.water&food=£20,cutting=£10,light=20,navi=15,signalling=£15,shelter=£15 and medi=8 and the pouch say £10 and oddssods about 10.
all these price's are my rough guess with abit of price checking.
cheers

Last edited:

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
Don't forget the import duty, a quick look on the Customs & Excise site suggests that could add around £60 to the total cost including admin charges.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
The FRS should be OK, QUOTE SHOULD BE OK , not 100% sure on that one , but we have imported the derma-safe blades into the UK before , depends on package description, if its marked up as tools you could be OK, if it gets through without being opened, if its opened and gets through you will also get hit with a handling fee, or you could lose the lot, If you know anyone in the US get it sent to them and mark it as gift... good luck,,,,, I cant say anything about the Kit, I work for a rival E&E kit company...

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
you can get the frs over hear for 3 quid or one withe a blade and saw for a fiver, there is nothing on that list you cant get or substitute for something better and still save. survivaldepot, heinnies, bushcraftstore all offer better kit

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If you really feel the need for a 'survival kit' in the UK, then make up your own, they are pretty much a waste of space IMHO.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
If you really feel the need for a 'survival kit' in the UK, then make up your own, they are pretty much a waste of space IMHO.

which you tell us on a regular basis

but he hasn't even said his mates is in or needs it for the UK....

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Yesterday I used my survival kit. Mine contains antihistamines.

I have studied specific scenario kits for years. I can't tell you how many times I have stopped a problem because of something in my kit.

Friday the tap handle broke on the kitchen tap at work with it on full. Out of the kit in my car came the Leatherman Surge. I was able to turn the spigot with the pliers. Disaster averted.

If you want an E&E kit or SERE kit then I guess the fella has a purpose for it. The Survival Metrics kit is designed for military personnel.

For many of us the 2oz Tobacco Tin type kit that was common in our military is where this whole bushcraft thing started.

If you are putting yourself outside in some of the wilder places in the UK why wouldn't you have a kit just in case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im not sure I `need` a survival kit but I `want` (And have) one...

I like the thinking -put as much useful kit into as small a compass as possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE