Survival Knife Lanyard - BushcraftUK special offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

polymathproducts

Silver Trader
Hi, fellow bushcrafters!

Sorry to report that this offer is now closed (as of January 2015) as we've ceased our trading activities on here. This is purely to cut down on the administrative time of processing orders; nothing at all against this great forum and community! Thank you all for your support and understanding!

Cheers, and best regards,
Luke
Polymath Products

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Hi , Luke . Thanks for offering this deal.....
I can see the appeal as a keyring add-on .
Your third picture is a bad one though. Somebody reading and looking at your picture, that may not know any Better ........May well be upset at how the edge of their blade will disappear using it in that manor . I can't imho see how they will recover the resultingblade damage with that piece of ceramic .
I can also see a few sliced fingers occurring as they try honing .
Just my two bobs worth.
Good luck with your endeavor .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a bonny & handy looking bit of kit at a good price, nice offer Luke. Hope all goes well with the sales.

ATB,
GB.

polymathproducts

Silver Trader
Hi, Chiseller,

Appreciate your comments, and they're well-made points that needed to be raised :)

We'll get a better photo of the fire steel in use to prevent any confusion.

There will of course be some wear that occurs to your knife edge when striking the fire steel, of course one should use the spine of the knife if possible, but many knives do not come with a sharp enough edged spine, and the base of the blade can be used effectively without excessive damage. The ferrocerium we use on these is a relatively soft alloy, so only minimal blade wear would occur during the few strikes required to get your fire ignited.

Regarding the effectiveness of the ceramic sharpener, we found during testing with a Spyderco Grasshopper knife that after over 100 strikes using the blade edge on the fire steel, we were able to get it back to a nice sharp edge with the ceramic sharpener alone. (Yes, it took us in excess of 100 photos to get that image!)

Regarding the potential sliced fingers: as you quite rightly pointed out, there is of course a risk of this (due to the compact nature of this sharpener). The lanyard comes with an instructions / guidelines sheet that warns of this, and recommends not using excessive force during sharpening.

Cheers,
Luke

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Now that's a lot more convincing than the initial pitch :thumbup:
I just may buy one for a review over here at SquealingPigBushcraft.sty :p

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
It arrived this morning, the day after ordering. Looks like a useful piece of EDC kit as backup to the firesteel and DC4 that live in my rucksack. Good value for money in my opinion and efficient service. And it came with a complimentary piece of mintcake.

As is usual, Ive modified it already by replacing the lanyard with a split ring for for easy attachment and detachment from my EDC keyring/carabiner.

polymathproducts

Silver Trader
Hi, Stonehippo,

Thanks for your interest, please could you private message me your delivery address and PayPal e-mail address and I'll get an invoice over to you ASAP. I notice the postcode on your address appears to be incomplete 'B28 -RN'?

Thanks DR2501 :)

Cheers,
Luke

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Ordered yesterday afternoon - here this morning. What a breath of fresh air to get that level of service.

Only opened, had quick look and quick spark so far - but looks spot on. From experience of other such products I think you've under priced!;)

Will revert once had a good session with it.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Still working with the ones I got - will revert. But thus far really can't fault either the product nor the service.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE