Survival kit in a tube

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 5, 2014
durham
i think they look cool! well thought out and pretty bomb proof!!

£50 might be a bit steep but i would imagine the tube and tins wont be cheap to buy by themselves
jakesy

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
insane price and a compete none starter to me

look at the shelter kit - saw the same tube tent available in the pound shop...

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
It's a nice idea, but you have to wonder how heavy it is. Also while it is in a tube, the tube has limited use in a survival situation. Where as a gear pod, you can pull the contents out and use it as a water bottle...

J

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
would you be able to boil water in the tube directly on a fire as it is metal as opposed to the plastic gear pod one ??

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Its one of those Run Up to Christmas don't have a clue what to buy them type things.

Whoever gets it smiles, says Thankyou and quietly files it in the loft.
Three years later that tube contains tennis balls.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
It looks neat but really is not nearly as practical as something you could make yourself for that kind of money. If you wanted that kind of look a 10cm Zebra pot stuffed with a SOL bag etc would be a much more realistic proposition.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
This is a pretty neat idea for a small ditch kit on snowmobiles. A little pricey, but they are easily stored out of the way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE