Surivival Quiz

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
A party trick for you.......catch a bee, and freeze it. It becomes dormant but is still alive. Tie (gently) a piece of cotton wool around its thorax. And warm it in the sun. It wakes up and you have a bee on a string. I remember trying this years and years ago. I did this once, but after trying to release it, it stung me and died. Didnt do that again.

Sorry if i sound like some twisted sadist (is that the right word?) :shock:

Cheers,

Jake

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I think we all did things to insects as a child that now seem quite twisted

who did'nt use a magnifying glass to kill ants?

In mauritius the children have a game where they catch a cameleon, when the cameleon is annoyed it opens its mouth in a threatening posture
the childen put a lit cigarette in its mouth! (to make him smoke it)

The really bizarre thing is after the cameleon has breathed the cigarette for a few moments the children take the cigarette away, throw it on the floor and release the chameleon, the chameleon runs straight to the cigarette immediately and much to the ammusement of the kids picks it up in his mouth and starts sucking on it (smoking the cigarette) :shock:

this is short lived though as after a few minutes of smoking the cigarette the cameleon dies :-(

How many children around the world are doing horrible things to insects an other little creatures as we speak

still at least you'd think the chameleon stunt would teach children an imporant lesson about cigarettes :)

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I remember as a child (of about 4-5) i would take joy in pulling legs off daddy long legs and watch the leg wriggle.

:shock: :evil:

Jake

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Stuart said:
In mauritius the children have a game where they catch a cameleon, when the cameleon is annoyed it opens its mouth in a threatening posture
the childen put a lit cigarette in its mouth! (to make him smoke it)

The really bizarre thing is after the cameleon has breathed the cigarette for a few moments the children take the cigarette away, throw it on the floor and release the chameleon, the chameleon runs straight to the cigarette immediately and much to the ammusement of the kids picks it up in his mouth and starts sucking on it (smoking the cigarette) :shock:
I never knew death sticks were THAT addictive - just a few minutes??? Woah!!! :yikes: A good object lesson for teaching kids not to try smoking even once! :nono:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE