Supa Light Cook-Set !!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well if we did meet up in the Lakes based on recent performance it is likely I will have my whole kit with me. Gotten very bad at lightweight packing for some reason. I got a lot of stick from friends once I got home from a recent trip. some wit asked how many stoves I took with me backpacking on the trip. Sheepishly I had to admit to 4 or 5 stove setups. Esbit, gas, honey with wood, honey with trangia burner and trangia burner with Ti pegs for pot support. I could have taken my whitebox stove with me as well but I can't remember if I did. I was good. I left my mini trangia at home with my go systems thermotech and my ancient colemans can top gas stove. I have actually lost that coleman and the MBD remote feed stove I got. THink it is the solo stove that MBD only made for a short period of time. kind of like the choke hazard stove I think. Need to find that as never had the chance to use it properly. Got no pot stand with it as it was a competition prize. Three Ti pegs will do until I can get some wire mesh (weld mesh I think is good for that).

I am trying to resist a Rodir stove, caldera cone for my Vargo Ti-lite and a caldera keg-F. The last one is £66 from Ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk I think. Cheaper direct from Trail Designs but if I take the plunge I really couldn't wait for it to get over here. It would totally kill me the anticipation!!

Sorry stove *****. Or would be if I had the cash to spend on them properly. Can't take it seriously as I haven't the disposable income to satisfy my needs. Also need new rucksack too as I bought my last one April last year!!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
BTW there are a few things I do want to see first hand in the field but I know if I do I will end up spending cash I should spend on house maaintenance or car maintenance or something important like food on it instead. One is a caldera keg another is the TRailstar from MLD and another is the Scarp 1 or 2. Another is a Mariposa Plus or something similar. I am thinking that I might get the keg option as feeding my addiction with a little bit might stop me getting something more expensive.

MandaPanda

Jul 24, 2011
Sussex
After seeing this thread I decided to get the kit shown in the first post and then experimented with putting it with parts of the Honey Stove.
Please take a look at my photos to get the idea:-

001 (2).jpg002 (2).jpg003 (2).jpg004 (2).jpg

I was happy to note that the titanium trivet parts slid nicely into the Honey Stove's grooves and so one could be used to create a stable platform for the "Triangia."
The contents of the pot shown below weighed under 200g and there was still plenty of room inside for a folding spork & cloth or "wotnots."

View attachment 7150

The whole lot packed into the bag weighed around 320g.
(Honey Stove sides x3, "Fire Door" x1, 2 titanium trivet parts, titanium stove, pot, lid, cup)

The only things I can think of which would make this better would be if the stove had a screw thread for a lid and a simmer ring like the Trangia.

I'm very pleased and think this makes a very nice balance of weight to versitility / practicality :)
(Be kind this is my very first mini review!)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE