Sunday Lunch...well, sandwiches anyhow!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
We are gifted in living alongside the Brecon and Monmouthshire Canal and we have a small, ancient, beech woods within 1km of the house. We took a spin up there today for a little picnic and had a very relaxing time in our hammock made for two (well, three, as my wife is 18 weeks pregnant) and our two dogs spent a few hours truffling and chasing through the undergrowth ... right up until two illegal trail bikers (with not a number-plate between them) came ripping through the tranquillity. Thankfully they left after a circuit of our spot but they ruined it all the same :-(

We are about to have a Group Buy of DD Hammocks for my students in college but this hammock was a £3 jobby from the local carboot sale and did us just fine today!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice pics, looks like a nice relaxing time

What's the breed of your dog btw? My pal has one but he doesn't have a clue what breed it is. It does a great impression of Chewbacca every time somebody rings the doorbell.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
''beech woods within 1km of the house'' They not use 'miles' across the border? ;) btw is the white n fluffy just ordinary cotton wadding or is it impregnated (no pun intended) with anything ?

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Nice to get out and test stuff. I should do it more often.

Did you dye the coat yourself because my snow smock is the spitting image with the colour as yours.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
Thanks guys.

So many questions - I hope I remember them all.

Shewie - the dog is a rescue and while we know it is a German Shepherd the other half is only a vague 'terrier' - he is a like a cuddly teddy bear with attitude!

MT606 - I cheated for ease of a swift cuppa and used cotton wool balls to get the Kelly Kettle going. It is plain cotton wool balls, they burn pretty quickly but that can be slowed by cupping both hands around it as the kindling takes. I don't have any experience impregnating cotton wool ... but at 38secs I reckon I hold the record for conception ;-)

Badger74 - the snow smock is a real Frankenstein. I got crazy with trying to 'mod' one a few years back and then kinda got bored and it hung up in work until I found it again this week. I dyed it green with dylon, then soaked it in 400 value tea bags for a few days, scrubbed patches of black and brown shoe polish into it and then (once dry) I began waxing it with Barbour reproofing wax (only I got bored before I did the sleeves lol). Before touching the colour I had sewn a central drawcord into the inside so it is snug rather than baggy ... it might become my favourite jacket now ... if I can finish waxing the arms!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE