Sun Protection - do you bovver?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
While we're on the topic of sun protection, lets not forget that it's not just skin cancer. Over exposure also causes cataracts. Don't forget to wear good sunglasses.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I don't mean to be a know-all, but I once read that sunscreen can cause skin cancer too.:confused:
Can somebody who knows more explain?
I never really use it, but I don't really ever have sunburns.

some suncreams contain a massive amount of ingredants, if you are worried about the toxicity of these some simple cheap zinc oxide creams are also sunblocks.

i let the sun on my skin when it is shining mildly, vitamin D is important for the immune system and bone health. I do use sunscream but only when it is needed.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
some suncreams contain a massive amount of ingredants, if you are worried about the toxicity of these some simple cheap zinc oxide creams are also sunblocks.

i let the sun on my skin when it is shining mildly, vitamin D is important for the immune system and bone health. I do use sunscream but only when it is needed.

IIRC Zinc Oxide should be the main ingredient in all good commercial sunscreens.

My Dad's side are all Gingers (Dad included) and I've got the skin type (and a multi-coloured beard growing ability:p). It would be stupid not to wear Factor 1,000,000 uv and an Acubra considering my Genetic Vampirism. Considering I just found out my Uncle has got diagnosed with skin cancer a week ago, take my advice don't risk it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE