Sun Microsystems server

logray

May 27, 2007
Coleraine
Hi , I thought I would give anyone interested in computers a look at this case anyone would be interested.. I build and test machines as a hobby and I've learned all I need to with this one. My next few projects will probably be a Sunfire or IBM of somesorts.

It is a Sun Microsystems Netra T1 AC200

500Mhz UltraSparc II Processor
1GB RAM
2 x 18 GB SCSI hot swapable hard discs

Also installed is an DVD/RW drive and a raptor graphics card (requires drivers)

I have refurbished and tested this server to perfection. Absolutely spotless inside. One of the best examples of what is a classic machine. Built to run 24/7 it's perfect for a small business server or for testing/educational purposes.

It currently runs Debian Linux 7, strangely I found it easier to install Linux than Sun/Oracle Solaris. I came across a few difficulties with Solaris but I suppose my experience with Solaris is limited I find Debian or Slackware Linux much easier to master.

It is for sale for £100 including delivery. It comes with no monitor keyboard or mouse. In the pictures I am using Minicom with an RJ45 to RS232 (DB9/DB25) adapter to first access LOM then 'poweron', login then running the 'top' command.

These are awesome machines built with top quality components not at all like consumer desktop models.

Anyway if anyone would be interested in this give me a shout. You can pick these up on ebay but this a a top spec model that has not been used in a dusty environment.

thanks for looking

cheers
Mark

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE