Summers coming

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got those one day mozzie sized wee flies hatched here already......next will be the midgies :sigh:

The garden is full of birdsong tonight though :D and they're all pairing off like crazy.

cheers,
Mary

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
I've got those one day mozzie sized wee flies hatched here already......next will be the midgies :sigh:

The garden is full of birdsong tonight though :D and they're all pairing off like crazy.

cheers,
Mary

shhhhoo sh the midges will hear u ...AW NAW NO MIDGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:pokenest:

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Aye summers on the way. Cloots have been well and truly cast.

Here's a question for the twitchers, I saw a pretty wee bird today on the water of leith which I suspect was a Dipper. The only thing I can't get my head around is that it was singing its wee heart out, not unlike a Robin or Blackbird. Do Dippers sing?

Spring wise, The elder bushes were budding on the Water of Leith and the whole damned place reeks of Wild Garlic.

Last edited:

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Toddy, don't get me started on the birdsong. Herself seems to be having problems thermoregulating at the moment, probably something to do with her condition. :rolleyes:

Anyway she opened the bedroom window about 4am just in time to catch the full dawn chorus. What a bloody racket! ;) :cool:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah :D
My next door neighbour is heart roasted again with the squeaky wheel bird (Great Tit) that sits singing his wee heart out in the big Sycamore behind the houses. At 4am he's wishing he'd an air rifle :rolleyes:

I've got short tailed voles appeared in my compost bins :confused: I thought they stuck to grassland, and they've been no where near the bins as far as I could see all Winter.
These bins don't get hot, they sit directly on the soil, and they're full of brandling worms........open one up and a knot of writhing worms bigger than a grapefruit drops off the lid. Great compost though :approve:

cheers,
Toddy

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Went for a walk in my local woods today - celandines and wild garlic everywhere. I love Spring it really does lift your spitits afer a long cold winter like we've had.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Aye Dippers sing guidstyle,it's jist ye cannae hear it o'er the rush o' the water maist times.

Lovely wee song they sing.

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
Went out for a walk accross country today and the sun was shining for a change :) On the way back a distinctive noise made me look skyward; I could only see the silhouettes, but initially I thought I could make out the the shape of a few House Martins and then a few seconds later I was convinced I was staring at the distinctive tail shape of a Swallow or two.

There seemed to be two groups close together at the most I probably only saw 8 birds. Is it possible that Martins and Swallows would fly together? I didn't see any others after that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE