Sugru

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Have you modified any of your bushcraft gear with Sugru, if so, what? I'm hoping to repair one of my self inflating mats with it...

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
Used it for quite a few things, fixed my favourite fly swat, repaired my phone case, made a lip on a drain pipe, made nocking points on a bow string. Had one failed repair on a pair of boots, I put it down to being a porous surface, Im sure they say it works for non porous only and it does dry quite hard. For this reason I have my doubts about your intended repair of an air mattress; get a quick mattress repair kit and save yourself some time. Unless of course you are experimenting, if so have fun and think of a few jobs to do with it at once or you always seem to end up with a blob in your fingers and a "what can I use this for" question in your head.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Had to google it to be honest and its very impressive stuff. No idea what i would use it for yet but will probably buy some soon.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just got some for review and will be trying it on all sorts of things - so far a plumbing repair....
I will be posting later!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have some. I've fixed the buttons on my car alarm remote with it, Fixed a fraying cable on my laptop mouse and covered the heads of some keys for easy ID... It's great stuff !!!

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I held my thermarest together for years with a leech (self sticking innertube patch) and plenty of gaffa tape.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Ah, this stuff looks amazing, I will def. be buying some. I just looked at the company's history and read Jane, the founder's story. As a designer myself, it is a really inspiring read and she went to the same college as I did, so it is worth buying some of her sugru just for that fact alone :)

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
It's good gear, keep it in the fridge to extend its life. I've fixed the feet on my kenwood mixer, bump corners on a glass signalling mirror, iPod car lead and quite a few other bits

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I've put some ears on a plug I always struggle to pull out of the wall!! A lip guard for my TI mug, fixed my laptop cable, edge guard for my crook knife & loads of bits I can't even remember :)

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
just making some ear plugs (curing as we speak) 'heard' good reports and pretty good value.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
It's one of those products that I love the idea of and had to have but then suddenly thought, what can I use it for? :D

I've actually used it on a surprising number of things - padding on both baby gates to stop it damaging my walls when swung open, identifying buttons on bluetooth earphones, loft hatch padding, needle file handle, ipod cable orientation marker, cable repair for sat nav, key markers, toy padding

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE