Suggest a Film

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Still a few weeks to go with regards to Lockdown I suspect.

Looking for Film Suggestions - Could be anything really , Black & White, Modern , Netflix , Youtube , Independent , non-bushcrafty , something that you feel is an Good Worthwhile Film that maybe has escaped the mainstream media.

If its obscure than a link would be appreciated.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Valerian.

Based on the long running French comic book series, said by some to be an influence on a initialy failing sf filmmaker called Mr Lucas.

Reactions: TeeDee

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Right, bit of an odd one potentially but Warrior.

My wife and I watched it after a work colleague recommended it saying that it was the best film he had ever seen. We were dubious, considering the subject but we watched it and turned to each other at the end - that was pretty good!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Trouble With The Curve. An aging baseball talent scout (Clint Eastwood) is trying to hide the fact that he’s losing his eyesight. His daughter (Amy Adams) risks losing a high paying career by taking leave to help him against his will. Another talent scout (Justin Timberlake) from a rival team develops a relationship with her and it gets complicated. There’s also an underdog talent and two prima donnas involved. And no, it’s not a baseball movie as such. Rather it’s a father-daughter movie with baseball as a backdrop.

Jere’s a link to it on Amazon https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwiwh4Ot6LbpAhVEOKwKHfdZDvUQFjAAegQIARAB&url=https://www.amazon.com/Trouble-Curve-Clint-Eastwood/dp/B00A2AU0KI&usg=AOvVaw2zgDd1qPewtfYZ2r4-LT4r

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Well... :)

Malcolm (1986) - quite simply the best heist movie to ever come out of New Zealand now lurking on YouTube

Supermarionation fans (no not the bouncing Italian plumber) can find all of Gerry Andersons works at the Internet Archive.
Torchy the Battery boy, Supercar, Fireball XL-5, Thunderbirds, Stingray & Captain Scarlet

Icebound: The Greatest Dog Story Ever Told - True story about a team of men and dogs who set out to relay an antitoxin across 674 miles of Alaskan wilderness to save the town of Nome after diphtheria had broken out.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
White Tiger: a Russian soldier is found barely alive in a burnt out Soviet tank among dozens of other wrecks destroyed my a single Panzer VI painted all in white that mysteriously disappears after each attack. Russian with English subs, no cgi and probably one of the last movies you will see with this old iron still moving.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Not films but two short presentations from the DEFCON hackers conference in Las Vegas that will hopefully have you crying with laughter. There is a little techno-babble, just relax it's not much so stick with it for the payback.

Jason Scott: That Awesome Time I Was Sued For Two Billion Dollars

Zoz: What Happens When You Steal A Hacker's Computer

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Black Robe is available on YouTube. The canoe sequences are an added bonus to an enjoyable film that looks at the early colonisation of Canada.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE