Suffolk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Greetings all,

One of my first posts, and also a newbie to bushcraft.

I live in Suffolk (nr. our "fabulous" county town) and would like to get involved in any meets in the county. I would like to learn new skills in a practical environment rather than watching countless YouTube videos, HRH Mears etc, and though I'm aware of the various meets, moots and courses I am fiscally challenged.

Searching here things seem to be pretty quiet in this part of East Anglia....and confused as to why with the many woodlands and countryside to camp in here. I've camped out a few times now and am completely hooked.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction, please PM etc...

K
:)

:newbie:

Hello mate, welcome to the forum. I'm in Suffolk too, but further up the coast. You are right there isn't much organized stuff going on in the county sadly. There's an Essex group, and the Norfolk and Norwich group. Maybe get on a train to one of their next get togethers if funds allow?
There are a few people in the area on the forum, and you are right there's some great woodlands so maybe things will improve.
In the meantime can I recommend a great book to get you going rather than just web? If you can get a copy of "Bushcraft" by Mors Korchanski you'll learn loads

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE