Stupid idiot with a knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Norton

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2009
Glasgow
That would be me by the way. I've just been to the woods and thought I'd have a little sit down to make some nettle string. As there are a few dog walkers around instead of having my knife on my belt or in it's sheath in front of me I kept it in my pocket. When it came to trimming the ends of the string off I pulled the knife out of my pocket without its sheath and right across my finger. What made it extra stingy was the fact I'd been using it on the nettles already so I managed to get the nettle acid right into my cut. All because I didn't want to upset people while I went about my private business, that's the last time I'm thoughtful of others. ;)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Yep, public shouldn't be allowed out, cause nothing but grief wherever they go. Lol

Never experienced nettle venom in an open cut, sounds very nippy.

Norton

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2009
Glasgow
My thoughts on leaving the house Ogri went along the lines of "I'm only nipping to the woods for half an hour, I wont need my first aid kit." I never use my knife outside of the back garden without a kit with me, just in case. It wasn't a bad cut really and at least I had the rag I'd been using on the nettles to put on it. Half an hour of pressure from that and it closed up, although it is right on the tip so it's making typing difficult. The dog got to hear some rather choice language as it nipped away at first though.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
At least you have learned the lesson about always having the FAK when you are out with your knife .... well i hope you have ;)

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE