Stuff sacks.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Are you looking for waterproof drybags or just generic stuff bags?

If the latter then you could get a local seamstress to sew you a load to your spec and out of a material of your choice. It'd probably work out a lot cheaper that way

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I use a mixture of surplus small dry bags. Squeeze the air out and sharpie marker if I need to label the contents.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
If you are looking for high quality modular or custom made pouches, David Friars is your man.

Reactions: Nice65 and Wayne

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I make my own as it keeps my hand in, so to speak, get yourself a cheap machine and some charity shop curtains and have a go. You never know you might be good at it!

Si

Reactions: SaraR

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I get the Exped dry bags whenever they're on sale and use those as stuff sacks for everything. Eventually they start delaminating and then they're used as normal stuff sacks rather than dry bags.

I've also picked up a few Outdoor Research ultralight stuff sacks when on offer when buying other stuff. They've been very good too but I haven't used them enough to vouch for their durability.

And then I have some simple nylon drawstring bags that have been on every trip I've taken for the last 25 years and they look as good as ever.

If you want bigger nylon drawstring bags, look for kids gym bags! Either when in the sale or in multipack from China.

Wandering Fred

Oct 1, 2018
Dorset
Have a look at Vango Mesh Bag Set - Well made & fairly inexpensive if you shop around, I've been using the same set for years.
For small cheap mesh bags. Some Tesco supermarkets supply them for loose fruit & veg.

As @Saras said, Exped Dry Bags are excellent.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
John Fenna makes sets of leather ones....very bushcrafty :) very ideal for an astonishing amount of stuff.

I use those and Exped drybags.
I agree about the fruit/veg net bags from the supermarkets though; handy and see through.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Here is a picture of some of the stuff I've made and the sewing machine I'm using, all of the materials and fasteners are second hand and even the thread was saved from landfill. Practice makes perfect and you'll get there in the end.
Si
1000005120.jpgPXL_20230701_124932351.jpg

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I found a large pencil case very cheap on amazon, two compartments one of which opens fully with a flap. Not big like packing cubes but I reckon a few would be handy for the small bits that can get lost easily in rucksacks, kitbag or in storage.

R and R enterprises used to do a few organisation bags or packs at reasonable prices.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE