Striker Knife

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
I've made the odd one or two, yes. Tend to go for a slightly wider blade than that, and sometimes put twists into the handle (which makes them prettier but less useful as strikers).

firemaker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 26, 2005
Minnesota, USA
stores.ebay.com
Neat idea (I've made them for years myself) but one has to be very careful about using this style. The curl in the middle can chip away your flint in no time not to mention may deflect the striker in a dangerous way, so you have to take care when striking it. The thing that really caught my eye though was the tip of the blade. It has an upsweep which can catch on clothing, or your skin, when striking down. Im always careful to forge striker knives with a downsweep on them like this:
Picture049.jpg

But it is a nice looking anyway. :)

Darrel

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Got my striker knife back in early January. Handmade by a Menonite blacksmith, special tempering along the spine (for sparks) and the edge, for sharpening. Sadly, due to the oil he quenched it in, it won't sharpen nicely untill it dries out (mid summer approximately).

Big hefty girl. Nice, primitive look to her. I'm in love, worth the 100 bucks (yes $100 Canadian).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE