stove problem

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I recently acquired a gas bottle stove with a 4 inch flue collar but no flue pipe.

I bought a length of 4 inch pipe but it won't fit the collar on either the male or female end as the diameters of pipe and collar are too similar.

My problem is that five inch pipe will be too big and four inch that little bit too small.

So, what do I do folks?

Thanks in anticipation....

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
You can get collar adaptors, sometimes called increasing adaptors, 4'' is small but narrowboats sometimes have 4'' flue pipes, do a search for ''flue collar adaptor'' or ''flue increasing adaptor''

there is a 4 1/2''-5'' one in this link if you scroll down it's page, just offered as an example only, google for right size (4'' to 4 1/2'' ?)
http://www.canalshoponline.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d25.html

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Hi
Maybe worth checking whether it's actually 4inch or 100mm as there's only 1.5 mm difference and if I remember rightly imperial and metric base their nominal sizes on inside and outside diameters although can't remember which way round -sorry

Gary

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I reckon precise measurement is the first step, inside and out in imperial and metric, then you know what you're dealing with. If a search for something suitable proves fruitless I don't think you'd have too much trouble in getting a decent metalworker to make one up. I bet there are people amongst us who could do something for you. :)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Let me know if you don't get this sorted. I made an adapter for my gas bottle stove just a couple of weeks ago.

All the best
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE