Storm Eustace

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Just another thirty two hours to go.
Im sat here getting buffeted by the wind & listening to the rain hammering on the windows.
The ropes are creaking like an old galleon too.
The lower Trent will soon be bursting its banks here, so hopefully I’ll be trapped in my boat & won’t be able to go to work.

Decided on a walk to our local stately home & nature reserve today.. I always find it saddening when trees, especially mature ones have been felled by storms, yet it’s just natural.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hope you're all safe, and your homes suffer no damage.

We've been very lucky here this Winter. A few of my huge planter blew over but that's been the sum of the damage from the storms we've had. I hope it continues like that.

Lots of twigs and small branches down from the silver birches and the sycamores though, so loads of nesting material for the birds :)

atb,
M

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It was Eunice, not Eustace, but whatever. ;) This new one is blowing pretty hard here in the south too, I’ve had enough of it, doors nearly pulling my arms off, trying to walk dogs, everything whipping about, sideways rain.

Parkland trees are often the first victims. They’re old and were planted as specimen species when the park was created so nearly all mature and over-mature. Most of Hotham Park in Bognor Regis was destroyed in the 1987 Great Storm, lots of rare species. Many of the trees I’ve seen down on the media are ones that have been built around. It’s not good for the root systems, they seem to have snapped close to the stem rather than lifting a gigantic root plate.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
We had Arwen hit us from the North and Malik from the west, we have ancient beech lying across each other, 12 inch thick pines that look like the winter scene from Band of Brothers. They have exploded about 4 ft from the ground. Up on the hills we have entire plantations flattened.
In Aberdeenshire we have had a red, three amber and I have lost count of the number of yellow events, although we were teaching online Friday as 7 inches of snow fell between 7am and 5 pm, today it is almost all gone, but we have another storm heading our way.

What a winter!

• Wow
Reactions: punkrockcaveman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE