Storm Clara destroys the Miners bridge

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
1,998
162
North Shropshire
I have just seen another casualty of storm Clara. The famous miners bridge over a tributary of the river Conwy at Betws-y-coed has been washed away.
 
I have just seen another casualty of storm Clara. The famous miners bridge over a tributary of the river Conwy at Betws-y-coed has been washed away.

Aww, played there in my youth on hols, the river was way down among the big rocks and boulders.
 
Theres a suspention footbridge that crosses a bit further down and the telford steel arch which is more historic and far more important.

I wonder how the packhorse bridge under the A5 at Idwal got on ?
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE