storing a compass in a metal container?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Not so much the out, I was thinking about it being stored in there, the billy is tough and I often use it to store fragile items during transit, such as food when out walking or chargers and camera bits when in transit to a destination. I was simply curious to know if keeping my plastic bodied Silva 54 in there would harm it.

I don't think it will but was curious to what folks had to say.

:)

Sounds reasonable. To be honest I'd be more worried about storing near the electronics (cell phone, chargers, etc.)

Not so much the out, I was thinking about it being stored in there, the billy is tough and I often use it to store fragile items during transit, such as food when out walking or chargers and camera bits when in transit to a destination. I was simply curious to know if keeping my plastic bodied Silva 54 in there would harm it.

my idea was somewhat similiar: a lot of my walks involve ""bushbashing"" off the beaten track and- as the country around here is mountainous- there's always the chance of sliding down a slope for a few metres with a rough landing.... storing the small items in my EDC bag in a container should not only keep things in a better order but give them some more protection and a metal container should be stronger:cool: then plastic. i intend to use the container (short-term) as an eating container as well, which is why it's ""plastic vs. stainless steel""------> aluminium:yikes::yikes::yikes: is not magentic but BANISHED from my kitchen/food:AR15firin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE