Stonehenge Photography Competition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
On the way back from this years wilderness gathering on the saturday evening, it was a perfect sky full of drama and the sun was setting a glorious red colour and stonehenge was magnificent.

I turned off the main road and went to park but it was closed and there was some jobsworth heritage w****r at the gate stopping anyone from going in. I was so angry because I had all my camera equipment with me and conditions were better than perfect.

So now they want photos? does this mean they're going to start actually letting people in?

Funnily enough, Squidders, the same happened to Spike and me last year. The jobsworth on the gate couldn't see the irony in the fact that an ancient monument was 'closed'.

There were hundreds of people there, all gathered around the fencing on the road, trying to get a look. Their cars were blocking the road and there were three coaches too, yet the stupid idiot on the gate wouldn't let anyone go in the car park, which mean that there were tailbacks and angry drivers galore.

Seeing as I live nearly 200 miles from Stonehenge, I'm not likely to be passing that way again for a very long time.

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
I've sneaked in at night :) Theres a track near the vistors center that people park up overnight on. People are always climbing over the fence. I've heard all sorts of tails about the guards are sposed to have NVG, never stopped me going in there though. A regular haunt for me, what with my work and all.

Andy >>>>>------------------------------<>

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
So now they want photos? does this mean they're going to start actually letting people in?

I doubt it. I got national trust membership and most of their stately homes etc are off limits to photographers. Quick enough to take your membership money though:soapbox:

Just a thought. Perhaps they're having a photography competition so they can see where the photographers are taking their shots from so they can put up more fences and walls so the only place you'll be able to see it without paying will be on Google Earth !! :D

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
The NT land next door to the henge is just as interesting as the stones themselves.
Tons of barrows and the cursus. Nearby Normanton Down is brilliant as well, a whole prehistoric landscape landscape. Worth a look if your down this way, its free as well!

Any of you ever been to Avebury henge? Like stonehenge but much bigger, lots of good photo ops for sunrises and astronomy etc. Not far from stonehenge either :)

Andy >>>>>--------------------------------<>

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE