Still can't get my hands on a stainless steel Swedish Army trangia cookset in the UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
how heavy are they ? i can't find the weight of the SS version. i really want to know there weight. I found a place in holland which sells the SS version. Was thinking of getting, one. But i already got 2 billy's and a titanium cooking kit.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
sORRY mallow man I got your email - but I cant get you one either - maybe next time I'm in sweden - although last time I tried to get one for Squirrel boy and could find any either.

Again sorry........... I feel such a failure.............. :sulkoff:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
shinobi said:
I just found this whilst looking at the Swiss Volcane thread.
Is this what you are looking for Mallow man?

Swedish individual cooker

It's under camping and then accessories in the menu on the left hand side of the page,

Cheers,

Martin
Just a quick input. That's the aluminium. :wink: :biggthump

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
Thanks everyone. Yes I know they are heavy but I was going to simply place the stainless steel pan (inner) into the aluminium version (windshield etc) so I can cook on stainless rather than alu. This way I can reduce the weight of the ALu. Why? Don't like cooking with alu (call me wierd) but we consume too much alu (pans, deodorant etc) for our own good health.

Mallow

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Mallow Man said:
Thanks everyone. Yes I know they are heavy but I was going to simply place the stainless steel pan (inner) into the aluminium version (windshield etc) so I can cook on stainless rather than alu. This way I can reduce the weight of the ALu. Why? Don't like cooking with alu (call me wierd) but we consume too much alu (pans, deodorant etc) for our own good health.

Mallow

The windshield is the same in both versions, it's only the pans that are stainless.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
And you can't easily interchange the pots either - a stainless top will not fit on a ali bottom and the pots very in size ever so slightly (unless your really lucky)

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Keep your eye on ebay Mallowman, one USA seller just shifted 10 of them (unissued) for $6 each, shipping from the states wouldnt be very much if you went for the slowest USPS service, I missed the auction or wouldve bought a couple myself. They seem to come up fairly often in the states.

For me the alu and the ss one are too heavy to carry but I'd like one to leave in the car and I'd prefer the ss one.

Jason

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
I popped into a surplus shop not far from Brum today only to find 2 well battered stainless Svea mess kits and a bunch of the usual aly ones!! 1 of each came home with me. As for weight, the stainless set could give my cast iron Le Creusets a run for their money ;)

Mallowman....they have one stainless set left at the shop, its well used and the outer pan support is quite badly mangled but the pans look fine. Its going for £5, if you want it let me know and I'll PM you their details.

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE