Stiff opening blade

Feb 22, 2009
UK
Hi all, first post but I've been watching from afar. You all seem a decent bunch.

Anyway. Parents bought me a Skeletool CX for Christmas (good choice) and I've only recently started using it when I'm out on rides and camping. The blade hasn't seemed to loosen at all and it's still pretty stiff to open. My Charge Ti was much smoother, especially one-handed opening.

What can I do to make the operation little smoother and easier?

Native Justice

Forager
Apr 8, 2008
Littleton, CO USA
Use a high quality lubricant on the working areas. I like Tri-Flow and Boeshield T9 because they just leave a light film of lubricant that doesn't attract dust. After lubricanting then sit down and just work the tool for a while until it starts to wear in and loosen up. Don't be tempted to loosen any screws. It will improve with time and use but doing this makes the tool much more user friendly.

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
I know what you mean, I also have a Charge and it is much easier to open than my Skeletool. To be honest, Ive put it down to the fact that its a bit smaller and I noticed when trying to open the Skeletool one handed I was pushing the blade at an acute angle. Lovely tool though, really like it.

ATB, Jon.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I agree with Native Justice only I am in the UK and its time to introduce the "Sooty powder"
give it a squirt of WD40 and work it a bit

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE