Sticky thread idea Please say yay or nay.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

freenarative

Oct 18, 2012
oldham
I have seen in other forums the idea of a sticky thread for feedback of sales/trades. Imagine if you will, a threat for the trade blankets but with all the reviews in one place.
Now I know people already put reviews in sales in question E.G. "I bought this item from this guy and it was good" BUT imagine that you could go to the sales thread, open up the review post, search for the sellers screen name and see ALL the reviews of that person in their own post. you could see just how many items they had traded/sold/bought and how the deals went.
It's just an idea to save time for people.
It also saves sellers. Imagine if you could see how 5, 10 or 20 different people had said "Mr John Smith said my item went missing so I had to refund."
You might decide NOT to send the item OR to send an item recorded delivery if this were so.
It's just a thought Because I like to help and if this idea makes things smoother for people,,,,,well,,,, you get the idea.

SOOO,, what do you all think, Good idea or bad?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not a great idea, basically the posts are a personal view and not always a true reflection of a supplier and people tend to moan more about a bad deal than the good.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
I can see where you are coming from, but the idea is fraught with problems. What if there is a dispute over what happened - would the mods be expected to arbitrate? If not there is the real risk unjustified comments being posted and the injured party having no way of getting it removed with consequent damage to future their reputation and future deals. No-one wants to see a sticky full of arguments and disagreements that stay up for ever.

I think the current system works pretty well. I'm a relative newcomer to the forum but I have bought and sold quite a few bits & pieces with no problems at all. Fortunately, this forum seems to be full of honest, genuine folk!

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
I can see where you are coming from, but the idea is fraught with problems. What if there is a dispute over what happened - would the mods be expected to arbitrate? If not there is the real risk unjustified comments being posted and the injured party having no way of getting it removed with consequent damage to future their reputation and future deals. No-one wants to see a sticky full of arguments and disagreements that stay up for ever.

I think the current system works pretty well. I'm a relative newcomer to the forum but I have bought and sold quite a few bits & pieces with no problems at all. Fortunately, this forum seems to be full of honest, genuine folk!

I agree with you. great people to deal with on here.

I wish people put more feedback though...

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Please allow me to quash this request and state our reasons why, it is not a rebuke to the OP, just a statement of our intent.

BushcraftUK exists as a discussion forum to exchange skills, ideas and information - the fact that "classified's" and "traders" areas have developed is a distant second place to any social aspect of its ideals.

As such, the forum is merely an agent of introduction between an individual who has something to sell and another individual who may want to buy that item. The Stickied rules about "Member Classified ads, Traders area and Swaps" all state that it is up to the seller to accurately describe the item, and the buyer to authenticate the legitimacy of an item before he commits to buying it; - if both parties agree the sale takes place - if they do not, then it does not! If a problem arises, it is up to the buyer and seller to reach an agreement to the satisfaction of both parties. Caveat Emptor.

See the list of rule for the forum - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

We do not have the time nor inclination to become a "middle-man", acting as an agent between sellers and buyers - we simply offer the ability to sell as a perk of paid membership -"Uti, Non Abuti!" as the statement goes - To use, but not to abuse!

Members who wish to buy, can do their own research into the character of any seller (and sellers can research any buyer) just as has been stated by using the search function - thereafter it still remains "Caveat Emptor".

Yours

Ogri the trog
For and on behalf of
Forum Moderating team

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE