Stainless steel pot\jar

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
I have a tradition of always saving some ash from a campfire which I keep until my next outing. I then sprinkle the ash over the new campfire, thus ensuring 'the spirit of the fire never dies' (a bit soft I know, but I've been doing it for years and I'm a sucker for things like that :rolleyes: )

Anyway, my old aluminium pot I used has finally disintergrated and I want to replace it with a nice shiny stainless steel version - anyone know where I might find one? It doesn't have to be big, just enough to hold a few embers (about the size of a smallish mug I suppose) and ideally I want it with a snap lid, like you get on Le Parfait preserving jars.

Any ideas?!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
A shoe polish tin may do the job, but I reckon the idea is quite nice and a shoe polish tin just wouldn't do the ritual justice. One of the Aladdin thermal mugs would be handy for the job, although you could kiss goodbye to using it for its' intended purpose I suppose!

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
Thank you for your replies and suggestions - much appreciated.

Thermos\Aladdin flask is a good idea Spamel, but I think they have plastic stoppers?? I like your spice pots Jared, but I really wanted something with a clip-on or threaded lid.

I have been using a shoe tin as a temporary measure and will continue doing so until something crops up. I'm sure I've seen small SS containers in one of the supermarkets, so I guess something will crop up sooner or later!

Thanks again and I hope everyone is managing to do a bit of Bushcrafting over the Bank Holiday weekend. Me - I'm stuck indoors with the brats :( !!

Mat

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
was in lidl today an they had small stainless containers with a kilner like closure like you want - they did have clear plastic lids though.......:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE