Stainless steel or Aluminium

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
It has probably been asked before, but I have done a search and could not find the answer!
So, what is better for a 1-1.5 Ltr water bottle stainless steel or aluminium?

X2 plastic leaches bad chemicals into your body and aluminum is said to cause Alzheimer’s the other bonus is you can boil water in a metal container if needed or cook in too..

I have not found one made of titanium yet to save some weight over the stainless steel water bottle....

I did wrap mine in leather as it conducts heat or cold to well this is the only drawback that I have found....

RobertRogers

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 12, 2006
USA
I choose SS over AL, a major reason being AL: is actually toxic and could contribute to various diseases when used over long periods of time.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm sorry but 99.9% of food these days comes in some sort of plastic and we're all still alive. Also on some sites people promote the use of large plastic 5 gallon jugs to transport water.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Aluminium and mental health problems has been pretty much shot down in flames. One person says its a problem and you need another hundred to say its not before people ignore the first warning

I use Alumminum or stainless steel, and might use Titanium when I can get a three quart pot for £15 delivered;)

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
if your going to anywhere cold get plastic, metal bottles can crack when they freeze.
personaly i favor a 58 patern water bottle (plastic) and a crusader mug to boil in. i dont understand why you would need a metal one, the plastic on the 58 bottle is neer enough bomb proof. if i had to get metal i would go for stainless steel because of added strength and so it could be used to boil.

pete

That is their choice it is a proven fact and plastics were close to being condemned here in Canada but it is so widely used and the presser from plastic manufacturers was to much also its is so widely used that replacing it is just not possible anymore but each individual has to make that choice for themselves with the high percentage of cancer I would think it prudent to stay away from it as much as possible using glass and stainless steel..
Most of mine does not come wrapped in plastic as I do my own meat packaging buying items packed in boxes instead of plastic if you just try you will be amazed at how many foods you can buy that do not come in contact with plastic packaging but that is for Canada I cant say how thing are done elsewere...

I'm sorry but 99.9% of food these days comes in some sort of plastic and we're all still alive. Also on some sites people promote the use of large plastic 5 gallon jugs to transport water.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Nalgene make their ubiquitous 1lt water bottle in stainless steel, and also produce a diverse range of inert plastic bottles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE