Stainless Steel Mess Tins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Cook real food Niels, I'd throw Burdock and Sorrel back at you...learn to cook a nice meal, your old enough now to be preparing a family meal :)

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I have the BCB tin. Its nicely made, but pretty small. I use it as my pocket brew kit as it fits a Pepsi can stove, fuel bottle,2x folding cups, tea and a few bits and pieces in then fits well in most pockets. Other then that its a bit small for general use IMHO.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That's what I call "comprehensive", Ged :). I like the mess tin shape for both cooking and eating from, usually cook over open fire or on my Honey - me and meths do NOT get on! You've put me off the cheaper one - I will undoubtedly burn things in it!

these look interesting and a very good price, Johnnyboy mentioned them. Ronnie Sunshine does the BCB for a good price but not as cheap as this. The BCB is smaller than the Dutch ones too.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I would really like a stainless steel mess tin, Found this BCB one on fleabay, being BCB it has credit and looks good..."

The Zebra cans...

See some here

...are tough, taller rather than wider, made with good quality steel. When not using them to cook with I store fragile items or food inside them when on the move, they are a good size for foraging and collecting and carrying water back to camp. You can dig holes with them, you can make a 'smudge' fire in them, bake bannocks etc etc.

zebra.JPG

journeyman_39.jpg

:)

Last edited:

bushcraft kid

Apr 7, 2015
England
with the Staineless Steel Swedish army trangia stove's what does grade A or grade B mean ive googled for it but not much has come up but im guessing grade A is slight scratches and grade B is major scratches / dents
if anyone has information on this matter please leave a reply

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE