Squirrel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I bagged one this weekend, in the freezer to be joined with more before I do a big stew. I think this one was looking for a mate, it looked like he hadn't had any for a while judging by the conkers in his trousers!

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I bagged one this weekend, in the freezer to be joined with more before I do a big stew. I think this one was looking for a mate, it looked like he hadn't had any for a while judging by the conkers in his trousers!

I think there all like that well the last couple anyhow b@##s as big as its head

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I think there all like that well the last couple anyhow b@##s as big as its head

He was on the ground, running about the pig wood I shoot on. He's the first squirrel I've seen in there since last summer I think! Chest shot him and he didn't get up. I've given up trying to head shot them, pellets bounce off their titanium craniums!

We bagged six rook branchers too, with another week or two before they are fully fledged I hope we can get some more. So more rook nuggets for a future meet hopefully!:D

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Am I the only one that thinks we should make the Grey Squirrel a national dish until the little blighters are down to more controllable levels?

I can see it now , pre-packed between the chicken breast and the mince beef on supermarket shelves.

Great idea. Unfortunately, chickens and cattle aren't 'cute fwuffy tings' what hang around city parks cheekily nibbling on the crumbs from your Maccy D burger bun... it's the old meat vs. animals mental disconnect that certain people have. Signal crayfish should join em on the national menu of course...

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Look at the hassle Huge Furry Whittling Tool got for eating squirrels on A Cook on the Wild Side. He said something on the programme about the hypocrisy of meat eaters that complain about squirrels being eaten. He's all right is Huge, he talks a lot of sense.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Huge Furry Whittling Tool
He's all right is Huge, he talks a lot of sense.

ROFLMBO!!! that is a class rendition of his name!
also he does indeed speak alot of sense, so much so i have the dvd's and a book or two knocking about, good stuff and packed full of the most simple yet brilliant idea's.
:headbang:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE